These 10-minute no-bake chocolate cookie balls use just 6 wholesome ingredients for an easy, tasty snack that’s also gluten-free and vegan!
We are talking easy, healthy snacks today! Cause I’ve got some serious snackers in my house – myself included!
And these super easy, 10-minute chocolate cookie balls make an awesome snack for kids and adults alike! They are rich and chocolatey, dense and chewy and perfect for packing in a lunchbox or taking on the go.
M loves to ask for them for snack and help me make them because she knows she won’t have to wait long. She’s almost 4 and while I’ve got quite a few years on her, I’m not much more patient. 😳
She also knows she might get to sneak an extra scoop straight from the pan (just be careful it’s not too hot) so she’s happy to help – she’s no dummy 😉
And all you need is 6 simple ingredients. You’ve probably got everything in your pantry already – I usually do.
Admittedly, that’s dangerous information there. They are almost too easy to make…
But with just real food ingredients and are naturally sweetened with maple syrup, so there’s really nothing to feel bad about.
In fact, I’ve been known to sneak one for breakfast. It’s good to be a grown up 😊
A few quick notes on these chocolate cookie balls:
- I use old fashioned rolled oats because that’s what I always have on hand, but you could use quick cooking oats too.
- I use maple syrup for mine but you could try them with honey.
- You can substitute almond or cashew butter for the peanut butter if you prefer. (I’ve done this before so I could send one to her nut-free school.)
- Kids can definitely help make these! They can stir in the pan and help roll the balls once they’ve cooled.
- It helps to wet your hands with a little water before you roll these into balls. It keeps them from completely sticking to you. (You’ll still get messy but that’s half the fun!)
- You can store these cookie balls in the fridge for up to a week.
Quick, easy and wholesome – that’s my kind of snack! Plus, well, chocolate. Duh! (Oh, these are also gluten-free and vegan 👍)
And if you want some cookie cookies, these both sound delicious: perfect paleo double chocolate cookies and copycat Starbucks flourless chewy chocolate cookies.
Hope you give these a try soon! Just not that one – that one is for M (updated picture taken when she was 6 – still loves them!)
P.S. We love using these little storage cubes to pack our chocolate cookie balls.*
P.P.S. Now updated with a VIDEO to show you how easy these are! Press play:
10-minute chocolate cookie balls
Fast, easy, wholesome chocolate cookie balls - perfect for snacking!
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup soy milk (regular would be fine, too)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I use old-fashioned oats)
- Combine the maple syrup, milk and cocoa powder in a small pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and stir until it’s melted and combined.
- Turn off the heat then add the vanilla and oats and stir to combine.
- Let cool then roll into balls. Enjoy!
I use old fashioned rolled oats, but you could use quick cooking oats too.
You can substitute almond or cashew butter for the peanut butter if you prefer.
It helps to wet your hands with a little water before you roll these into balls. It keeps them from completely sticking to you.
You can store these cookie balls in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week.
Adapted from Super Veggie Mom.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 166kcal Calories from fat 48|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but I receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!