Chocolate strawberry pretzel fudge cups are an easy, no-bake dessert with just 5 ingredients! Perfect for Valentine’s Day or any time you need a sweet treat!
I’ve got another new VIDEO for you today!
Quick poll: Anyone else disturbed by seeing Valentine’s Day goodies at the stores starting on Dec. 26? That was a little too soon for me.
But now that we’re well into January (granted, I’m still trying to get used to writing 2017), I’m ready to give you lovely peeps a Valentine’s Day recipe.
Which means chocolate. Duh.
And for me, means quick + easy too.
So I’ve got a 5-ingredient recipe for you today with all the chocolate strawberry pretzel fudge goodness in a super easy, no-bake form.
We’re gonna make fudge in the microwave and cover strawberry and pretzel pieces with it, then refrigerate until it firms up into a cute little fudge cups with sweetness, crunch and all the chocolatey goodness!
(If you are still hard at work on a New Year’s weight-loss resolution, then please check back on Monday when I have an awesome salad for you!)
Otherwise, if you’re like me and have a sweet tooth year-round and need a little chocolate fix now and then, this is the perfect treat!
It’s also a great one to make for a crowd!
We’ve been doing Valentine’s Day parties with friends the last few years, and this is absolutely what I’m making for everyone this year. Super portable and a perfect little bite of fudge to share ❤️
It’s like a different take on chocolate-covered strawberries, ya know?
And if you’re lucky enough to have some extra, you can tuck one into the kids’ lunch box for a special surprise! 💕
M, my 5 1/2-year-old daughter and “chief taste tester,” obviously was very excited about this and had to claim one:
Notes on chocolate strawberry pretzel fudge cups:
- The strawberry and pretzel pieces should be pretty small and should cover the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
- You’ll need to push the fudge mixture down (using a spoon) so it gets all the way to the bottom and coats the pretzel and strawberry pieces. Even so, some of the pieces may fall out when pulling the fudge cups out of the container. Snack on those 😉
- You could also spoon the chocolate mix into the cups first and then press pretzels and strawberries down into them on the top, but you’ll need to work quickly before the fudge mixture starts to set up.
- I used a spoon to loosen the edges around the fudge cups after they had set up in the fridge and they were really easy to pull out.
- Store these in the fridge and use within 2 days. After that, the pretzels and the strawberries start to get a little too soft and soggy.
These chocolate strawberry pretzel fudge cups would also make a great gift for friends, neighbors or teachers, particularly at Valentine’s Day, but also anytime you need a little treat for someone in your life.
Get some cute bags (I like these heart decorated ones! 👇) and wrap up a couple to show your love and appreciation.
I mean, couldn’t we all use a little more love in our lives? And chocolate? 😉
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
P.S. Here’s the mini muffin pan I use and love.
- 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk, regular or fat-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Put diced strawberries and pretzel pieces in bottom of muffin cup, with enough to cover the bottom of each cup.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine until all the chocolate chips are melted. (If yours aren’t completely melted after stirring, microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds as needed to get all of the chocolate chips to melt.)
- Spoon the fudge mixture into the mini muffin cups until each one is filled almost to the top. Be sure to press down on the fudge to get it to coat and cover the strawberries and pretzel pieces at the bottom of each cup.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the fudge cups set up.
- Use a spoon to loosen edges of each muffin cup and pull the fudge bites out. Store in refrigerator and enjoy within 2 days.
The strawberry and pretzel pieces should be pretty small and should cover the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
You'll need to push the fudge mixture down (using a spoon) so it gets all the way to the bottom and coats the pretzel and strawberry pieces.
I used a spoon to loosen the edges around the fudge cups after they had set up in the fridge and they were really easy to pull out.
Store these in the fridge and use within 2 days. After that, the pretzels and the strawberries start to get a little too soft and soggy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 fudge cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 49mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 3g