Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/easy-cheesy-potato-skins/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 servings as a side, 6+ as an appetizer adjust servings
Cheese and bacon potato skins remade into easy, fast potato slices!
- 3 large, plump russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon, from 5-6 slices (see notes)
- Optional toppings: sour cream/plain Greek yogurt, sliced green onions, sliced black olives, chopped avocado, salsa, chopped cilantro, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice potatoes into 1/3 inch thick slices. (I leave the skin on - seems more authentic.) Place potato rounds on baking sheet. Brush potato rounds with olive oil (or bacon grease!) and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast at 400 for 15 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove from the oven and top each potato round with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for 3-5 minutes, to melt cheese and finish cooking potatoes.
- Remove and top with crumbled cooked bacon, sliced green onions and other toppings.
If you cook the bacon for these potatoes, use the bacon grease from the pan to brush the potato rounds (instead of using olive oil) - adds lots of great flavor!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 466kcal Calories from fat 262|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 29g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|