I love the simplicity of an all-in-one dinner. We do tons of one-pot wonders around here on the stove. And I also love to do these one-pan roasted dinners.
You pick your veggies, add your meat to the middle and throw it all in the oven. Completely easy and hands-off. And when you pull it out, you have a beautiful, well-rounded delicious dinner all ready for your family. Can’t beat that!
This version features simply roasted vegetables and creamy, tangy chicken breasts. Easy and scrumptious.
I used red potatoes, broccoli and parsnips, but you can certainly switch these up to use whatever you’ve got on hand. Yukon, fingerling or sweet potatoes would be delicious. So would cauliflower or carrots or Brussels sprouts for the veggies. You can even play around with the seasonings. Mix it up and make it your own!
One pan. One complete meal. One happy family!
- 4-6 small red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1 heaping tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season potatoes, broccoli and parsnips with olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and garlic powder. Toss and spread around the outside of a large jelly roll pan.
- Spray the middle of the pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with remaining salt and pepper and place in the middle of the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, Parmesan cheese and paprika. Slather the top of the chicken breasts with the yogurt mixture.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can switch up the types of potato and veggies you use for this dish. Just make sure everything is properly sized and roasts in the same amount of time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 749mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 61g
** What are your favorite roasted veggies?