This is a super simple dinner that looks and tastes like it was very involved. But really, it comes together with minimal effort. A fast and easy dredging station and voila, a fancy dinner!
It’s also unbelievably crunchy. Panko breadcrumbs are magic like that. I love when my ingredients do the hard work for me.
This Parmesan chicken is also a go-to around here because it doesn’t involve any crazy ingredients. All things you probably already have in your fridge and pantry. Gotta love that when you get home from work, stand in front of an open refrigerator and are stumped as to what to make for dinner. Been there.
This is a great, simple fall-back dinner that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family.
While the chicken is in the oven, you can whip up a simple farro salad, or do some fast “baked” potatoes with a spinach salad or steamed broccoli and you’ve got a delicious, easy, healthy dinner on the table.
If you’re wanting to keep it extra light, you could slice and serve this crunchy chicken over a salad or in a wrap with some greens and roasted veggies. Very versatile.
Hope this becomes one of your weeknight go-to favorites. Enjoy!
An easy weeknight chicken dinner that's simple but scrumptious!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice)
- paprika, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Place buttermilk (or milk and lemon juice) in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in the milk mixture, then move to the bowl with the cheese mixture and press down, helping the cheese and breadcrumbs adhere to all sides. Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle any remaining cheese and breadcrumbs on top of chicken. Sprinkle each chicken breast with paprika.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 406kcal Calories from fat 185|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|