Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/pb-chocolate-chip-snack-bars/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Peanut butter chocolate chip snack bars
9 large bars adjust servings
Peanut butter chocolate chip snack bars are a delicious, whole grain snack or dessert!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted), or oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray and 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together butter, applesauce, egg, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir until sugar is dissolved and everything is well mixed. Add peanut butter and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine but don’t overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough into the prepared pan and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
You can cut these into 9 large or 12 to 16 smaller squares.
You can substitute all-purpose flour if you prefer. You can also substitute almond or cashew butter if needed.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 339kcal Calories from fat 173|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|