This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Steamed lemon butter asparagus is a light, fresh and easy spring dinner side dish that’s all made in one pot and ready in just 15 minutes!
I’m kinda in GO mode this morning. Well, more so than usual. 😉
I’m finishing up work so I can hit the road this afternoon. I’ve got a conference (but a food blogging one, which I’m pretty sure is the best kind) and then next week is spring break for us. 🌞🌊🙌
Lots of packing, lots of planning, lots of logistics and now we’re down to the wire. But oh so worth it!
So keeping it short and on to the FOOD!
Earlier this week, I promised you the perfect side dish to serve with my herb roasted pork tenderloin and potatoes (that have a buttery horseradish coating!) and here we are!
Steamed lemon butter asparagus is so quick and easy, so light but so rich and all kinds of spring fresh delicious!
These are the perfect addition to any weeknight meal this spring while the asparagus getting is good – and they’d be lovely alongside any Easter brunch or dinner spread!
Pretty much, you can’t go wrong 😉
Notes on steamed lemon butter asparagus:
- I use just a tablespoon of butter here to keep it light and fresh for spring. If you want a more rich butter taste, feel free to increase this to 2 tablespoons.
- I always prefer the thinner asparagus stalks when I can get them, but you can use thicker ones here too. Just keep an eye while they are steaming. You want to remove them when they are just barely crisp tender because they will cook another couple of minutes and you don’t want them to go mushy on you.
- I use all the zest of a lemon and then squeeze lemon juice over the finished dish to taste. Again, this keeps it light and fresh. 💛
I hope spring is treating you well and I hope you get a chance to try this steamed lemon butter asparagus – it’ll go great with anything you’re cooking up!
Also, just a heads up that I’ll only be posting once next week since we’ll be on spring break with the kiddos. But it’s a good one – a delicious light and fresh lunchtime dish you won’t want to miss!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zested
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Steam asparagus in a steamer basket until just crisp tender. It’ll take about 5-8 minutes on high, depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
- Remove steamer basket and discard water from pot. Add butter to pot and melt over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, lemon zest, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to get the asparagus well coated and seasoned. Serve hot with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
I use just 1 tablespoon butter and it’s plenty for our tastes. You could add another tablespoon if you’d like a little more butter flavor.
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer with Extendable Handle
- Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
- New Star Foodservice 42856 Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer, Yellow
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 0g