Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/asparagus-with-peas-and-basil/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Asparagus with peas and basil
4 servings adjust servings
A springtime explosion of yummy green veggies!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (if using frozen, rinse them under warm water for a minute to thaw them out a bit)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or more!)
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and saute for 3-4 minutes, until it's bright green and slightly tender.
- Add peas and stir to heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh basil.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 64kcal Calories from fat 21|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|