An easy, homemade balsamic blueberry vinaigrette recipe that takes just minutes to make in a blender – a summer must!
Hiya friends! We are back from a weekend away, visiting my brother and his family a little farther down South. It was such a fun time getting all the kiddos together and having some family time that was much overdue. But I’m once again in need of a weekday reset 😉
So today I’m bringing you a light, bright, amazing balsamic blueberry vinaigrette that’s super simple but so fresh and full of flavor.
Homemade dressings are so much tastier than anything you can find in a store. They’re fresher and you get to control the ingredients.
Just check the ingredient label next time you go to buy a dressing at the store. It’s scary stuff!
So I switched to making my own several years ago and haven’t looked back.
Especially because it is SO easy! My homemade dressing recipes require a shake in a jar or a quick blend in the blender. That’s it!
Here, we’ve got just 5 wholesome ingredients: blueberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey (plus salt and pepper but I don’t count those). Add everything to the blender, blend and you’re ready to go.
Here are a few other homemade dressing recipes I’ve made for you:
- Homemade Italian dressing – always great to have on hand
- Easy lemon vinaigrette – very versatile
- Homemade soy ginger dressing – seriously addictive
- Creamy cilantro lime dressing – so creamy and dreamy
And I have several more dressings already featured within other recipes on the blog that I haven’t gotten around to making specific posts for yet. And other favorites to bring you down the road.
Sigh. So much food, so little time… 😉
But for now, get you some fresh summer berries and get to blending up this delicious blueberry vinaigrette! You’ll be ready to eat ALL the veggies!
Coming up later this week I’ve got one of my favorite summer salads to pair with this dressing. So addictive, in that really good, healthy way. 👍
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. You may need extra honey if your blueberries aren’t super sweet.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g