Blueberries in a cookie? Oh yes.
These little beauties are bursting with blueberry goodness and oh so simple to make. I use dried blueberries, oats and whole wheat flour, plus yogurt (no oil or butter) and sweetened them naturally with honey. All good things here, all good things.
But let me be the first to say, these are not a cookie cookie. They are delicious and soft with a hint of sweet and a lot of scrumptious, but they are more of a snack cookie than a dessert cookie. Possibly even a breakfast cookie 😉
If you want a sweeter cookie, I’d suggest using a bit more honey or subbing brown sugar for the honey and butter for the yogurt. That’ll amp it up a bit! I may even try that for the adults in the house… And of course, you can always throw some ice cream in between two cookies to take it up a notch!
As is though, I’m kind of addicted. I find myself reaching for these at all hours. And I’m more than happy to give these blueberry oat cookies to a toddler (but not a baby, since they do contain honey). The whole family can enjoy a mid-afternoon sweet treat. Happy family times!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine yogurt, honey, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, but don’t overmix. Stir in the dried blueberries.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes, until just slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g