Bourbon slush is a slushy, sweet, boozy drink, perfect for summer sipping!Welcome to your new favorite summer drink!
I loved this bourbon slush before I became a bourbon lover. You don’t really taste it, so don’t let that deter you if you're not a big bourbon fan.
But you guys, this drink. Oh. My.
My mom passed this recipe on to me. Bourbon slush was a classic 1970s drink, she said. She and my dad used to make it when we’d go on family beach week vacations in the summer when I was growing up. No wonder they were so relaxed and fun! 😂
It’s slushy, it’s sweet, it’s a perfect combination of afternoon flavors. Especially in the summertime when it's so hot out. (We live in the South. It gets very hot!)
And it goes down sooo nicely!
Bourbon slush is also amazingly addictive! You’ll just want to sip it, spoon it, gulp it down all afternoon. And I’m not gonna stop ya. I'll just encourage you to swim in the shallow end of the pool.
Now, just a few quick notes on how to make this drink.
Notes on making bourbon slush:
- This needs to be made ahead, so please plan accordingly. The bourbon mixture goes into the freezer to get all slushy and that requires time.
- It won't freeze completely because of the alcohol, but it will get somewhat solid. Use a spoon to scrape up how much you want.
- Normally, I like really good bourbon. I have all my favorites for different types of drinks. But honestly, this does not require quality bourbon. Any cheap kind will do here.
- This makes a BIG batch. Trust me, you'll go through it. And it stores great. But you do need a large freezer-safe container and room in your freezer to store it. (You can also pour the mixture into a large freezer-safe bag and seal it to store it that way.)
- You can top the slush with Ginger Ale or Sprite. Both are good. (I opt for diet because this already has plenty of sweetness, but you do you.)
Mix this up, let it freeze, then scoop it out, top it off and relax in a rocking chair or lounge chair or adirondack chair - or shoot, your front stoop - and taste some summer.
(And if you love slushy drinks like I do, check out this frozen screwdriver. Delicious!)
P.S. Get some plastic cups, cause you're gonna wanna take this drink for a summer stroll. (Only if it's safe and legal, please.) Cheers!
A slushy, sweet, boozy drink, perfect for summer sipping!
- 2 (12 oz.) cans frozen lemonade
- 1 (12 oz.) can frozen orange juice
- 7 cups water
- 7 teaspoons instant tea
- 2 cups bourbon (see notes)
- For serving: diet Sprite or diet Ginger Ale
- Mix all ingredients (except soda) until well combined. Store covered in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Use a spoon to scrape and scoop the bourbon slush into a glass. Fill about ⅔rds full and top with diet Sprite or diet Ginger Ale. Mix with the spoon to get it to a slushy consistency. Enjoy!
Normally, I like really good bourbon. I have all my favorites for different types of drinks. But honestly, this does not require quality bourbon. Any cheap kind will do here.
This makes a large batch and requires a large container or bag to store it in the freezer. Plus the space to store it in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
karrie @ Tasty Ever After
A big thanks to you and your Mom for this wonderful drink recipe. I'm bringing it to a BBQ party this weekend and I know everyone will enjoy it, especially me!
It's SO good, Karrie - you are gonna be addicted! Have fun at the party!
Awesome website you have right here
Thanks so much!