This easy cheese and herb spread makes for such a simple, creamy, delicious appetizer! I love the mix of the cream and goat cheeses, the freshness and brightness from the herbs and the crunch of the sliced radishes.
My mom recreated this recipe after having something similar in a restaurant. We’ve both made it countless times. It’s a sure-fire crowd pleaser!
It’s also great because you can make the spread ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I even slice the radishes and keep them in a plastic bag or covered container, so I can pull everything out before guests arrive. Or you can pack it up for a picnic – we’ve done that, too.
You can use any leftovers of the cheese and herb spread on a sandwich for lunch – it’ll turn boring turkey into something pretty spectacular.
Hope you enjoy this fast, tasty appetizer!
Cheese and herb spread
A fast, creamy spread with fresh herbs, topped with radishes!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, thyme, basil or a mix)
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- Combine cheese and herbs and stir well to combine. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spread mixture on baguette slices and top with sliced radishes. Enjoy!
- Note: To prepare the baguette, I slice the loaf diagonally and bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. You can also broil it for a couple of minutes but watch it VERY closely to prevent it from burning.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 735kcal Calories from fat 569|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 63g||97%|
|Saturated Fat 39g||195%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
** What’s your favorite spread for baguette slices?