Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/cheesy-chicken-meatballs/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. about 20 meatballs adjust servings
Cheesy baked chicken meatballs are easy to make and great as an appetizer or dinner!
- 1 lb. ground chicken (I use breast meat)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced (or grated)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For serving: BBQ sauce or ketchup, warmed, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Roll the meatballs into small balls - about the size of a golf ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 20-24 minutes, until cooked through. (Exact time will depend on the size of your meatballs.)
- Serve warm with BBQ sauce or ketchup, for dipping, if desired.
These meatballs freeze great! Store the extra baked meatballs in a freezer plastic bag for up to 6 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then warm through in the microwave for a minute. Or wrap in foil and warm in the oven, on low, for 10-15 minutes.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 60kcal Calories from fat 32|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|