This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken quinoa salad bowls are a quick and healthy dinner featuring chicken thighs, red quinoa, fresh fruit and a zesty lemon-mint dressing!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Terra’s Kitchen. I was compensated for my time, but the opinions here are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Family Food on the Table possible!
Fall always feels like ramp up time for me.
School is back in session, work projects are full steam ahead until the end of the year, we’ve got a full social calendar and the holidays are looming oh so close.
Wasn’t it just April?!? 😂
And still amid all the fuss, daily dinner is still a must. And some days, that’s a tall order, even for me, a cooking fanatic.
Honestly, I feel like I’ve been a little snippety lately. A little too quickly flustered. I’m not an especially calm, cool, collected person normally, nor am I ever gonna win an award for patience, but I’ve generally got things pretty well under control.
The last few weeks I’ve felt a little stressed and I’m sure it’s unfairly getting passed on to the rest of my family.
Mama needs a time out sometimes too. 👍
So I was thrilled to hear about and try Terra’s Kitchen. It’s a meal delivery service featuring easy, healthy dinners ready in 30 minutes or less. Right up my alley.
And all the ingredients are pre-portioned and pre-chopped, which makes these meals super easy to prepare. You just follow the instructions on the recipe cards and dinner is on the table.
The climate-controlled vessel is pretty cool too – my kids and husband were as impressed as I was. It’s got pull-out trays for all of the food packages and plenty of cooler packs to keep everything chilled until you get home. (And don’t worry- they can be stacked easily in the fridge and recycled when you’re done.)
And honestly, I was amazed when our order arrived and we had so much food!
Days and days worth of food! All ready to go for me and my meal planning could go on pause for a little while.
I got my delivery on a Friday and we ate all weekend long. I didn’t have to worry about groceries or food prep or timing, I knew dinner was tucked away in the fridge and the instruction cards waiting for when it was time to cook.
It really gave me a little breathing room so I could unwind, enjoy the together time, squeeze in a little “me” time and actually feel recharged come Monday. It’s a good feeling!
So the details on the food…
We got three dinners: the happy chicken quinoa salad bowls, kale corn succotash over cheesy chicken and tilapia salad with arugula and apples. I also got some extra fruit and the chopped power green salad, which I enjoyed for lunch on Friday, immediately upon unpacking my vessel. Scrumptiousness. I could eat that salad daily!
The dinners were delicious too – and so easy to throw together!
The happy chicken quinoa salad bowls may have been my favorite. The chicken thighs were grilled to perfection and so juicy, paired with the fluffy red quinoa and the sweet mango and blueberries. And the salad dressing, with mint and scallions, was easy to blend and drizzle, and added such a great citrus flavor! I’ve included that recipe below.
The kale and corn succotash was perfect for a late summer dinner and the goat cheese-smothered chicken was scrumptious! I made some roasted potatoes to go with it and we feasted!
The next night we had the tilapia salad and I loved the peppery arugula with the sweet apple slices. The almonds provided a nice crunch and the lime-mustard vinaigrette tied it all together.
And they have so many more delicious meals you can choose from, so I know we’ll be back to try some more. Especially when I know we’re gonna have an extra busy week, or when I just want another weekend off!
And so that YOU can try this meal delivery service, too, I’m so excited to share a coupon for 30% off a first-time order. Just enter the code “FAMFOOD30” when you’re checking out.
Whether it’s for a busy season, a weekend where you want to kick back or just the hustle and bustle of the day-to-day, I hope you give Terra’s Kitchen a try.
Homemade meals at the ready. Doesn’t get much better. 😀
P.S. You may also want to try my chicken quinoa salad with salsa hummus – great for lunch or a light dinner!
Chicken quinoa salad bowls
Chicken quinoa salad bowls are a quick and healthy dinner!
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup mixed blueberries and diced mango
- Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa: In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the quinoa. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the pan. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. (If there’s still water, just return the pan to low heat and cook, covered, for a few more minutes.)
- Cook chicken: Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs. Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil onto the grill pan. Add the chicken and grill, turning once, until cooked through (about 5-6 minutes per side). Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make the dressing: In a blender, combine the mint, scallions, juice from the lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Make the salad: To a large mixing bowl, add spinach, mango and blueberry mix and cooked quinoa. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Serve the salad with sliced chicken on top.
Recipe courtesy of Terra's Kitchen.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 705kcal Calories from fat 208|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Terra’s Kitchen. The opinions and text are all mine.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.