This creamy cilantro lime dressing takes just minutes to make in a blender and has a bright, fresh taste that’s great for salads, grain bowls, and grilled chicken and meat.
Homemade salad dressings may sound a bit intimidating. I mean, compared with buying a bottle in the store, it seems like quite a lot of work. And maybe sometimes it is.
But I opt for the ridiculously easy types of dressings and I don’t think I could go back to store bought. It’s just worlds better when it’s homemade!
This creamy cilantro lime dressing just requires you throw all of the ingredients into a blender (or you can use an immersion/hand blender) and turn the sucker on.
That’s it! 🙌
Dump and blend and you get a fabulous, creamy, homemade dressing that you will want to drizzle on ALL the foods!
It’d be great on grilled chicken or steak too. 👌
A few notes on this creamy cilantro lime dressing:
- I use plain (non-fat) Greek yogurt here to bring a bit of tang to the dressing, and to make it more a little more healthy. You could substitute sour cream if you prefer.
- You can control the amount of heat in this dressing. If you remove most of the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno pepper, it won’t be spicy at all. Or leave some in if you want a bit of a kick. You could also add a few dashes of hot sauce to spice it up!
- You’ll need one good size, juicy lime for this. If yours are small, it might take two to get enough juice.
- You can store this dressing, in a covered container, in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Blend up a batch today and see how easy homemade dressings can be!
P.S. Check out these other homemade dressings:
- Homemade Italian dressing
- Soy ginger dressing
- Blender balsamic blueberry vinaigrette
- And my simple spinach salad includes a recipe for an easy balsamic vinaigrette.
And here’s my new VIDEO to show you how easy this recipe is to make!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g