This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A simple spinach salad with an easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette makes for a delicious and healthy side dish! This recipe takes just minutes to prepare and is perfect with dinner on a busy night.
You guys know I love my salads, right?
I’m ALL about the veggies and I’m usually finding new ways to load up with more, more, more. 💚
But sometimes, you just need a salad to serve with dinner. Like, right now. With whatever you’ve got in the fridge.
It needs to be easy, quick and delicious.
Baby spinach and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Voila!
So, I love baby spinach salad recipes all kinds of ways, but in this case, it’s the dressing that does it, really.
The balsamic vinaigrette is so tasty. Homemade really is miles above and beyond anything you can get in the store, so it makes this salad a joy to eat.
And it couldn’t be easier.
You just add garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and olive oil to a small jar or container. I use a ratio closer to 1:1 for my vinegar:oil mixture and that works for me. Feel free to add more oil if you want. I just eyeball it really, in my container from the side as I pour in the olive oil.
Then shake it, shake it, shake it and you are set!
Seriously, homemade salad dressings should not be intimidating. They can be oh so fast and easy and you’ll be blown away by how much more flavorful they are. 👌
A few notes and variations on this simple spinach salad:
- It helps to have really good balsamic vinegar and olive oil here since those are your big flavors. You don’t have to go buy the most expensive thing you can find in the store. In fact, I get the Costco brand for both my balsamic vinegar and olive oil and have found them to be very good quality and flavor. Find something you love.
- You can swap out your favorite green for this salad if you want to change things up. A spring mix, arugula or butter lettuce would be great here too.
- Want to spruce up this salad a bit with some toppings? I’ve got you covered!
- Feel free to add some feta cheese, olives and halved cherry tomatoes. Or go with some shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped pecans and diced strawberries. Or maybe you’re in the mood for some crumbled blue cheese, chopped walnuts and diced apple. Mix it up with your favorites!
May you have a partner and a family that thinks this easy salad rocks as much as my family does. And if not, change it up with some of those topping ideas above and you’re still covered with a great go-to any night of the week. 👍
Super simple spinach salad
A simple but divine spinach salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette!
For the salad
- Baby spinach - enough for 4 people (4 cups or so)
For the dressing
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1 overflowing tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Put your spinach into a big bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small jar or tupperware container and shake it up well.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach right before you’re ready to serve and enjoy!
It helps to have really good balsamic vinegar and olive oil here since those are your big flavors. Find something you love.
You can swap out your favorite green for this salad if you want to change things up. A spring mix, arugula or butter lettuce would be great here too.
Want to add some toppings? Here's a few ideas for combinations:
- Feta cheese, olives and halved cherry tomatoes
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped pecans and diced strawberries
- Crumbled blue cheese, chopped walnuts and diced apple
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 56kcal Calories from fat 47|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|