This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheesy chicken and broccoli twice-baked potatoes use a shortcut to make for a fast, all-in-one dinner!
Twice-baked potatoes are divine and you can stuff them with an endless variety of filling choices. However, they can take forever. Don’t got that kind of time around here.
So here’s my weeknight fast version. You skip the first baking in the oven, which can take an hour and use my 10-minute microwave baked potatoes. I promise they come out tender and fluffy every time. I’m a serious potato person and I wouldn’t mess around with this.
Meanwhile, you prep your broccoli, chicken and cheese. Then you mix the filling, stuff the potato shells and pop them in the oven to warm through and get the cheese all nice and melty-licious.
Hello, all-in-one dinner!
I think it’s fun to see how very full and how very high I can stuff each potato shell. I line my baking sheet so it’s no worries if something spills over (but I pack mine down so they never do. Don’t want to lose that delicious creamy filling!) This might be a record here. But if you end up with a tiny bit of leftover stuffing that you just couldn’t cram in, do like I do, and eat it with a spoon while those potato beauties were in the oven.
See how high you can stuff yours! And enjoy!
Fast cheesy chicken and broccoli twice-baked potatoes
An all-in-one cheesy twice-baked potato dinner that's ready in 35 minutes!
- 2 baking potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese (regular or low-fat is fine)
- 2-4 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 1 small head broccoli, steamed and finely chopped
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 heaping cup chicken, cooked and diced small (grilled or rotisserie works great here; you could also use shredded chicken)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare potatoes in microwave.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli (for 5-6 minutes), and get your chicken chopped and cheese shredded.
- Once the potatoes are done, slit in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle. Be sure to leave a small rim of potato in the skin so the shell stays together for stuffing. Place the scooped out potato in a medium bowl.
- Add the cream cheese (start with 2 tablespoons and add the third if you need a bit more) to the potato and mash with a fork until the potato is mashed and the cream cheese is melted in and combined.
- Add the milk. Start with two tablespoons and mash until it gets to be nice and creamy, like mashed potatoes, adding an extra tablespoon of milk if necessary.
- Add the broccoli, chicken, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, the salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined. Add an extra tablespoon or so of milk if the mixture seems dry.
- Place the potato shells on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up) and stuff, stuff, stuff. Pile that stuffing on until you can pile no more. And then try to add an extra inch on top. It helps to shape it and push it down into the potato shells and keep it compacted together.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each potato.
- Place the pan in the 400 degree oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the stuffing is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Dive in and enjoy!
Make-ahead: You can prep these twice-baked potatoes ahead. Prepare as directed right up until putting them in the oven. Just cover and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Let them come to room temperature for 15-20 minutes (while you preheat the oven) and then bake at 400 for 12-18 until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are warmed through.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 120kcal Calories from fat 65|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
** What’s your favorite stuffing for twice-baked potatoes?