Greek turkey burgers with tzatziki sauce are loaded with spinach, red onion and feta cheese for a delicious but easy taste of Greece!
Happy May and happy Burger Month!
I joined with a HUGE group of other bloggers to bring you guys ALL the burgers all month long! Including my Greek turkey burger with tzatziki sauce – seriously delish!
I’m an eager beaver, apparently, so I’m posting on the first day of burger month. There’s tons of deliciousness still to come though and I will definitely be following along.
AND there’s a kick-butt giveaway! Check out the prize package and enter to win at BurgerMonth.com.
Real quick though, I just had the bestest weekend! The kiddos and I played board games and rode around the neighborhood on Saturday morning. And then we packed them off to my parents house. Ha!
My husband and I went up to the lake Saturday afternoon to visit some friends, spend the afternoon on their boat, make some dinner together and stay up late chatting and feeling like adults.
We took the boat to breakfast in the morning before heading back home. Such a lovely little trip. Does my soul good. 💗
But I was so happy to be back home and with our kiddos on Sunday and we had a fun, relaxing afternoon around the neighborhood, getting groceries, watching the new Planet Earth and grilling out.
I feel like I refilled my internal tank and am ready to face the week!
So now, let’s get to some burgers!
I have to admit, my burger is on the basic side. (Seriously flavorful but nothing very wild.) I’ve had a little preview of what some of my blogger friends are bringing to this here burger month, and you guys, it’s some CRAZY burger time coming your way!
But for me, you know I’m keeping it pretty simple. Fuss-free and on the healthy side. Just my style 😉
These Greek turkey burgers with tzatziki sauce have spinach, red onion and feta cheese mixed into the turkey burger patties and then they are topped with tzatziki sauce and if you’re like me, ALL kinds of toppings!
Notes on Greek turkey burgers with tzatziki sauce:
- I usually make our burgers inside on the stove, but you can also grill these if you want.
- I’ve made this recipe with 1 pound of ground turkey (4 burgers) and used the same measurements for 1.3 pounds (5 burgers), which is how it’s sometimes sold in my grocery store. It’s fine either way.
- I skipped the spinach for the kids’ burgers the first time I made these for them, so it’s OK to leave that out if you prefer. (Though the next time I made these burgers, I left the spinach in and they still gobbled them up. Score!)
Oh, and I included a quick and easy recipe for tzatziki sauce, but you can use store-bought if you prefer.
As for sides, a few of my blogger friends have some great ideas! These healthy baked sweet potato fries would be perfect and you could add in this avocado and three bean salad or easy Greek pasta salad as a delicious side dish!
Also, just a reminder that there’s a huge grill prize package giveaway as part of this #burgermonth celebration happening with 100 of my creative and talented foodie friends. ❤️
And big thanks to American Lamb Board, Anolon. Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner, Char-Broil, Curly’s BBQ, Cuttingboard.com, Melissa’s Produce, Primal Stone, Spiceologist , Thermoworks , & Veal Made Easy for sponsoring our little party and providing the sweet giveaway.
Go to BurgerMonth.com to enter – I hope you win! (You can also see all the burgers from the last couple of years. Be warned, you will drool!)
Wishing you a wonderful week and a month full of delicious burgers!
For the turkey burgers:
- 1 pound ground turkey (I use 93% fat free)
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For the tzatziki sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, grated and well drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns
- Optional toppings: Lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, feta cheese
- Combine ground turkey with remaining burger ingredients (except for the canola oil) in a large bowl and mix until combined but don’t overmix. (I use a fork or my hands to mix these burgers.)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Shape the burger mixture into four equal patties and add to the hot pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes then flip. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. If making ahead, wait to add the dill so it doesn’t overpower the rest of the sauce.
- Serve burgers with tzatziki sauce and any other desired toppings!
I usually make our burgers inside on the stove, but you can also grill these if you want.
I’ve made this recipe with 1 pound of ground turkey (4 burgers) and used the same measurements for 1.3 pounds (5 burgers), which is how it’s sometimes sold in my store. It’s fine either way.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 143mg Sodium: 736mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 36g