Green beans gremolata is a really easy, fast and flavorful veggie side dish! It's great for a weeknight dinner but also for entertaining or for serving on a holiday table!
Gremolata sounds a little exotic, doesn’t it?
It’s really pretty basic. It’s just an herb mixture that features lemon zest, garlic and parsley.
It’s one of those magical condiments that just brings food to life.
And it goes stunningly well with green beans.
French green beans, to be exact, which are the long, slender ones. Very elegant.
Also very fast to cook because they are so thin. (Plus, they are particularly tasty, in my opinion!)
This is actually a Barefoot Contessa recipe that I’ve loved for a long time.
You can prep everything ahead so that it just needs a couple of minutes to get it ready to serve, which makes it great for entertaining. It's also a great veggie side dish for the holidays.
Particularly with those elegant beans and the fancy sounding name. You’ll look like a star!
Definitely check this one out soon. It’s bound to be on the regular rotation in your house.
And you may find that you want to gremolata all the things!
- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly tender. Drained the beans and place them in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and retain the bright green color.
- Make the gremolata: Combine the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, Parmesan cheese and walnuts in a small bowl and mix well.
- When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Drain the green beans, pat them dry and add to the pan.
- Saute the beans for 2 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and add the gremolata. Toss well to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 477mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g