Salmon is a favorite around here. It’s rich, flavorful and oh so nutritious.
They say you should eat fish twice a week. Salmon is definitely one of those nights in our house. I also love that it’s so fast and easy to prepare. Whatever flavor you want, you can whip up a salmon entree in 20 minutes, no problem. Yes, please!
Here I’ve gone with a simple honey-mustard coating. I use a combination of Dijon and coarse grain mustard, cause I love the texture it adds. If you don’t keep coarse grain mustard on hand, you can go certainly with all Dijon mustard.
All you do is stir the honey and mustard together, spread it over your salmon, top with a little bit of butter for extra flavor and richness and toss it in the oven.
I also highly recommend buying wild-caught salmon. It’s got more flavor and more nutrients; a win-win if you ask me!
So here’s a go-to honey Dijon salmon recipe with on-hand ingredients for those nights when you don’t want to think too hard about dinner. But still want it to taste like you thought real hard. You’ll fool everyone with this one!
I usually serve this with my fast farro and veggie salad. An easy, complete meal, ready in no time.
- 2 6 oz. filets of wild-caught salmon
- 1 teaspoon coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper
- small pat of butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix coarse mustard, Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry salmon. Place salmon in prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush mustard mixture onto salmon - really slather it on. Top each salmon filet with a small pat of butter. Or, if you're feeling indulgent, top with a couple of pats of butter.
- Roast at 400 for 13-18 minutes, or until almost cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your filets. Let salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving. (It will continue cooking so take it out a few minutes before your desired degree of doneness.)
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you're feeding more people.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 763Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 70g