Kale black bean quinoa sauté is a meal kit in a bag that takes less than 10 minutes to cook! It’s perfect for a quick and easy vegetarian weeknight dinner or a satisfying, hearty hot lunch.
This post was sponsored by Nature’s Greens®. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Welcome to your week friends!
Did you watch the big game yesterday? Were you glued to the TV or glued to the snack table?
I was glued to both, really. My team wasn’t in the game so I didn’t have a big stake in it, but I do love watching football.
And we made an entire day of it! Had nachos and wings for snacking during the day, then chili and beer bread at kickoff. We let the kids stay up to watch the game a bit and we’ll tell them this morning how it ended.
But now it’s Monday…
And today I’m being lazy.
Or maybe super smart.
Yeah, let’s go with that 😉
I’m not bringing you a recipe so much as a dinnertime solution.
This kale black bean quinoa sauté is a Nature’s Greens® hot meal entree called Sweet Garden Seasoned Sauté and it’s my newest grocery store jewel of a find. ❤️
We are talking a complete meal in a bag, my friends. You’ve got kale, black beans and corn, squash, bell pepper, quinoa and sunflower seeds.
Completely healthy and packed with plant protein.
All prepped and ready for you to cook. In less than 10 minutes. 🙌 #winningatlife
Yes. We’re doing FAST as much as EASY and life is feeling really good. Cause convenience is key on busy nights.
You can find the Sweet Garden Seasoned Sauté at your local ALDI, in the refrigerated produce section.
And I always grab AT LEAST a couple of bags because:
- Having a healthy meal option like this on hand makes it so much easier to stick to my healthy eating goals.
- I eat an entire bag myself. You know me and portion control, but really, the entire bag is just 370 calories. So if my husband wants some, he needs his own bag.
- These make for such an easy and fast weeknight dinner (especially great for meatless Mondays), but they are also fantastic for a hot lunch or post-workout meal that’s filling and satisfying but won’t weigh you down.
I hope you give these nutritious meal kits a try. They will be like a little weeknight present to yourself. 🎁❤️😋
Looking for more quick + easy vegetarian recipes? Check these out:
- Quick and easy vegetarian curry
- Butternut squash black bean quinoa burgers
- Mediterranean quinoa salad
- 30-minute vegetarian pumpkin chili
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 oz.) bag Nature’s Greens® Seasoned Sautés (I use the Sweet Garden variety here)
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan then add the veggies and black bean and corn blend. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the seeds and quinoa and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until desired tenderness. Keep an eye on the pan and add splashes of water while you’re cooking if the pan is drying out. (I did this several times.)
- Reduce the heat to low and add the seasoning packet. I only used about half of the packet and it was still very well-seasoned, so start small and add to your tastes. (You can save the extra seasoning for roasting or sautéing veggies later in the week.)
- Sauté for 1-2 more minutes then serve!
These bags are really all you need in terms of flavor, but if you want to change them up or add some toppings, here are some good options: Salsa, hummus, guacamole, Greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, diced fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs, fresh lime juice or hot sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g