Pizza stuffed chicken breasts are easy to throw together on a busy weeknight and make for a fun family dinner!
Pizza night just got a makeover. ❤️
Instead of rolling out pizza dough and choosing your toppings, you take those classic flavors and stuff them into chicken breasts. It’s an easy dinner that’s big on flavor!
It’s also a more guilt-free way to enjoy pizza.
And I like that it’s an individual serving… you get an entire pizza stuffed chicken breast to yourself and whatever you choose to serve it on. No sharing or fighting over the last piece of pizza.
I like to slice the chicken breasts and serve them over flatbread that I warm up in the oven with a little extra marinara and cheese. (When I take the chicken out of the oven, I just slide the flatbread in, with the marinara and cheese on them, for a couple of minutes to warm them through.)
You could certainly skip that or use a low-carb or gluten-free wrap if you need that substitution. (In which case you should also try this Low Carb Chicken Pizza.) I also think it would be wonderful served over some sautéed mushrooms and peppers – more pizza flavors and more veggies!
However you go, just add a simple salad and you are ready to rock pizza night, done a little differently.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- about 20 pepperoni slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- For serving:
- 4 pieces flatbread, topped with extra marinara and mozzarella cheese if desired, warmed in the oven
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and season inside with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and about 5 pepperoni inside each chicken breast. Fold the chicken breast up and place in a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Rub the top of each chicken breast with a little bit of olive oil, then sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. If serving with the flatbread, place it in the oven, topped with the marinara and cheese, to warm it through for a couple of minutes. Top each flatbread with a pizza stuffed chicken breast (sliced or whole) and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1423mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 56g