I usually throw this little corn and pepper saute together while I’ve got something on the grill, like my cheesy fiesta grilled chicken. It’s so simple and fast, but brings a lot of flavor and color to your plate.
It’s also very adaptable. You can use fresh corn or frozen, whatever you’ve got available. And you can use any kind of bell peppers or small sweet peppers – red, green, yellow or a mix of colors. Whatever you’ve got in your fridge.
Plus, this corn and pepper saute couldn’t be easier. You just throw your veggies in the pan, saute everything for a few minutes, top with cilantro, and there you go – a yummy sauteed salad to go with chicken, fish, pork, steak, tacos, whatever you’re having!
Homemade, healthy dinners don’t have to be hard or time-consuming. I know I’m usually short on patience and energy by the time dinner rolls around. So I like to have easy, yummy sides I know I can turn to over and over. Helps when they also require so few ingredients!
Try this recipe next time you’re short on time!
Quick corn and pepper saute
A super quick, colorful side dish of sauteed corn and peppers, perfect for grill nights!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 2-3 fresh corn cobs or you can use frozen)
- 1 cup peppers, chopped (I used a mix of the mini sweet peppers but you could use a bell pepper or a mix of bell peppers for more color)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add corn, peppers, red onion and jalapeno (if using). Saute about 5 minutes, until mostly tender. (I like a little bit of a crisp texture.)
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 87kcal Calories from fat 26|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|