This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quickie crab dip is just three ingredients! Three! All you do is stir them together and stick it in the fridge. And yet it feels so decadent, so special, so fancy.
My Aunt Edith passed this along to me. She’s an amazing cook. And I’d like to think amazing cooks come up with simple but amazing appetizers like this so they can devote time and attention to other parts of the meal.
Cause really, this appetizer just sets you up well!
I served it topped with parsley and small canned shrimp (again, Edith’s suggestions), alongside crackers and crusty bread. So, so tasty!
However, I served this to just four people – my parents, my husband and myself, and was left with LOTS of leftovers. Probably because I inadvertently doubled her recipe. Whoops! Should have checked those pesky little details, like ounces on packages and details in directions. Hmm…
Have no fear, I found some delicious ways to use the extras. It’s worth making this dip just to make the other recipes! Here are the links cause I simply couldn’t hold off on sharing them with you:
Any which way you serve this — hopefully all 3 ways, like me! — I hope you love its simplicity but sophistication.
Quickie crab dip
An easy, fast 3-ingredient crab dip appetizer that tastes fancy and delicious!
- 1 16 oz. container real crab meat (about 2 cups)
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream (you could sub Greek yogurt)
- 1 .7 oz envelope dry Italian seasoning/salad dressing mix
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh parsley, canned pink shrimp (rinsed and drained)
- Pick over the crab meat to remove any bones.
- Mix the crab meat, sour cream and Italian dressing in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Top with parsley and shrimp, if desired. Serve with crackers, crunchy bread, toasted baguettes and/or veggies.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 294kcal Calories from fat 207|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|