This is a riff on the classic lobster roll. It makes for an easy but very fancy-feeling lunch or dinner!
Backstory: The quickie crab dip used here is a 3-ingredient lovely little appetizer my Aunt Edith passed down. I accidentally doubled the recipe and served it to all of 4 people, so while we loved it and chowed down, I still was left with tons of extras.
So I got creative, came up with this crab salad recipe, made it a sandwich and had myself the loveliest of lunches! Happy accidents are the best sometimes, aren’t they? Particularly when it involves food.
This tasty sandwich is worth making the crab dip for all on its own. You could even cut this sandwich into quarters or use slider buns and serve it as a finger food appetizer for a party. It’s sure to be a hit!
And if you’re looking for another way to use up leftover crab dip (I seriously had this stuff coming out of my ears!), you can check out my creamy pasta with crab and peas. Simply divine. Always good to have leftovers. I’ll be “accidentally” doubling that crab dip recipe every time from now on. You might, too.
In the meantime, check out this crab sandwich and liven up your lunch!
Crab roll sandwich
Crab dip gets turned into crab salad and upgraded to fancy sandwich status!
- 2/3 cup quickie crab dip
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1 whole wheat roll, opened and toasted
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato slices, red onion slices
- Strain the crab dip over a fine mesh strainer (only if it’s runny), then add to a bowl with chopped celery and parsley.
- Mix to combine and scoop onto a toasted whole wheat roll.
- Season crab mix with salt and pepper and a couple of dashes of hot sauce. Top with any favorite fixings (lettuce, tomato, red onion, etc.) and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 159kcal Calories from fat 21|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|