Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/quinoa-and-veggie-buddha-bowl/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Quinoa and veggie Buddha bowl with lemon-tahini dressing
3-4 servings adjust servings
A filling, but light, vegetarian quinoa Buddha bowl with a tangy, delicious dressing!
For the Buddha bowl
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper or 4-6 mixed smaller sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 14 oz. can chick peas, rinsed and drained (or 1 bag crock pot chick peas)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled into thin strips
- 2 heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped
For the lemon-tahini dressing
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (a sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Buddha bowl:
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chick peas and carrots. This helps warm them through. Just before serving, stir in the spinach (you don’t want it to cook or wilt, just to combine with the other veggies).
For the dressing:
- Whisk together lemon juice, tahini, one tablespoon of the water, soy sauce, garlic, cayenne (if using) and salt and pepper. (Or add them all to a small jar or container and shake it up.)
- Add up to the additional tablespoon of water if needed for the right consistency. (This will depend on how thick or runny your tahini is.)
Assemble the bowls:
- Divide quinoa between four bowls. Top with sautéed peppers, chick peas, carrots and spinach.
- Drizzle dressing over everything and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 518kcal Calories from fat 130|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 17g||68%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|