This quick and easy spicy corn radish salad with cilantro and a zesty lime vinaigrette is a perfect for a pretty spring or summer side dish that'll have everyone coming back for more!
This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I feel like this week is trying to kick my butt (already, and it's only Wednesday) but also that I'm fighting back, round for round!
Take that cold rainy Monday, I had tons of already prepped food and didn't have to make dinner! Take that Tuesday, I had to take both kids to school (two drop-offs and two pick-ups, while I was working my day job as a health/nutrition editor) and also still filmed a new video. (For my southwestern orzo salad; it'll be ready to go next week so keep an eye out!)
And today my daughter has an early-release day from school, while I'm still working and having my busiest day of the week for deadlines. 😳 But we'll figure it out. #Igotthis #isitFridayyet?
Moving on... I’ve got a great new go-to recipe for you today: this spicy corn radish salad!
It’s perfect for spring and summer picnics and parties, especially since it doesn’t contain dairy so it’s OK for it to sit out.
Hello, BBQ season, I’m looking at you!
It’s got loads of fresh corn, some sliced radishes (cause they’re just so darn pretty!), fresh cilantro and a spicy kick from the lime vinaigrette!
And in case you were thinking you’d have to wait, Sunshine Sweet Corn, grown in Florida, is the perfect solution to needing fresh corn in the spring!
Cause y’all know I’m not a patient person, right? I’m just gonna own it. So I love that Sunshine Sweet Corn is available NOW! No waiting for summer - their sweet, tender corn is ready for you at the store already.
(Bonus: It’s non-GMO so you don’t even have to worry.)
(Double bonus: It’s on sale now. Go buy some. 👍)
Man, I’m so happy it’s spring!
Notes on spicy corn radish salad:
- You can control the heat in this salad with the jalapeño. Remove all the seeds and membranes if you want it to be pretty mild. Or leave some in (or add a second jalapeño) if you want to spice it up a bit! You can also add a few dashes of hot sauce to the dressing if you like. 🌶
- You’ll need 2-3 limes for the fresh lime juice, depending on how juicy yours are.
- You could substitute agave nectar for the honey if you want to make this vegan.
This corn salad goes great with pretty much anything from the grill as well as just a good ole sandwich. You could even use it as a topping for grilled chicken or pork.
Cheers to the fresh taste of sweet summer corn, anytime we want it 😉
Have a great rest of the week friends!
- 5 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and place in a bowl. You should have about 4 cups.
- Add the radishes, green onions and cilantro.
- To make the dressing: combine the lime juice, jalapeño, honey, cumin, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can control the heat in this salad with the jalapeño. Remove all the seeds and membranes if you want it to be pretty mild. Or leave some in (or add a second jalapeño) if you want to spice it up a bit! You can also add a few dashes of hot sauce to the dressing if you like.
You’ll need 2-3 limes for the fresh lime juice, depending on how juicy yours are.
You could substitute agave nectar for the honey if you want to make this vegan.
This recipe is from Sunshine Sweet Corn's corn salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g