Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/zucchini-cheddar-whole-wheat-waffles/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Zucchini cheddar whole wheat waffles
6 large waffles adjust servings
Savory whole wheat waffles stuffed with zucchini and cheddar cheese!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use skim but 2%, whole, ski or even almond would be fine)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 2 small zucchini, grated (to yield 1 large cup after squeezing water out)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Grate the zucchini and shred the cheddar cheese.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg, milk and Greek yogurt. Stir the wet ingredients together in the middle and then mix them into the dry ingredients until combined. You may have a few lumps, which is fine. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese until combined, but again, don’t overmix. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron and sprinkle each waffle with 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese before closing lid.
- Cook according to the directions in your waffle maker. (Mine uses 1/2 cup of batter for each waffle and cooks it automatically on the “Classic” setting.)
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 302kcal Calories from fat 130|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|