These 4-ingredient no-bake chocolate chip cookie balls take less than 10 minutes to make and are a great, wholesome snack!
Check out this video of how quick + easy these are to make:
I don’t know about you, but my kiddos wake up from nap and want their snack immediately, if not before. Actually, M wants to know what snack is going to be as I tuck her in for nap. (She also asks what’s for breakfast every night before bed. Already food obsessed at 4?!)
So I always need to have on-hand wholesome snacks prepped and practically waiting, which isn’t easy since I have a full-time job with deadlines and conference calls going on while they nap.
Some days, when I’m caught snack-less by my hungry little kiddos, I will whip up these no-bake chocolate chip cookie balls.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make these perfect little balls of soft, sweet, chewy, healthy chocolate chip cookie goodness.
My little ones indulge me for those long 10 minutes because 1. Cookies. So, no whining allowed. And 2. They can help make these, which always makes waiting easier 🙂
And I love that these are completely wholesome and don’t require heating up the oven in the spring and summer months. We just grab our snack and head outside to play! (We also love these oatmeal raisin no-bake cookie balls.)
A few notes:
- Get the kids involved! Depending on their age, they can fetch and measure ingredients, add the ingredients to the food processor, push the buttons to operate it, stir in the chocolate chips or roll these into balls. Older kids that can use a knife and be trusted around the blades of a food processor could easily make these by themselves.
- The amount of water needed to get these to come together will depend on how dry your dates are. Start small and add as you go.
- Wet your hands when you roll these into balls – that way the mixture sticks to itself and not to you.
- And these are gluten-free and vegan (if you sub dairy-free chocolate chips).
Next time you need a chocolate chip cookie fix, try this easy, healthy version.
Snack is served. And a crisis is averted… for another day. 😉
4-ingredient no-bake chocolate chip cookie balls
Healthy, 4-ingredient no-bake chocolate chip cookie balls take just 10 minutes!
- 1 cup oats (I use old fashioned)
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 10 large ones), chopped small
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add all of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to your food processor. Pulse, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until everything is well combined. Add extra water as needed to get the mixture to come together (see notes, below).
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Wet hands and roll mixture into golf ball-sized cookie balls. Enjoy!
Recipe NotesI usually need at least 3 tablespoons of water to get the mixture to come together. It will depend on how dry your dates are. Add a bit at a time and wait till the mixture sticks to itself so you can roll it into balls.
It helps to wet your palms with a little bit of water before rolling these up.
Store extra cookie balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.