This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Homemade crunch cups are an easy, no-bake 3-ingredient recipe that’s perfect for a yummy chocolate treat! You’ll be amazed that they taste just like the candy! (These can also be made gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free.)
Hi friends! You ready to tackle this new week? Or are you wishing it was still Sunday and you could crawl back under the covers?
I’m feeling surprisingly refreshed for a Monday morning. We had a great time at the 100th birthday dinner for my “great aunt” (who is technically a second cousin twice removed or something crazy like that).
She’s every bit as sharp and sassy as she’s always been and I just sat next to her all night chatting and trying to soak up some of her wisdom. 💕
I asked her what she thinks she’s done well to stay so healthy and she said spending lots of time outside.
She said she went to camp (as a camper and a counselor) every year when she was growing up and spent lots of time in her yard and tending to her garden as an adult. So I guess we all need to go get some more vitamin D! ☀️☀️☀️
But first, let’s get to today’s chocolate deliciousness. 🍫
And these 3-ingredient homemade crunch cups are about to make all your chocolate dreams come true!
They are so easy to make – just 3 ingredients and no baking needed! – and they really taste like the candy. 👍
(Nestle Crunch was one of my very favorites as a kid but I don’t buy candy now. So of course I had to figure out how to make these myself!)
And they are the perfect small bite to satisfy that chocolate craving (and with built-in portion control so I don’t go too crazy!)
The kids of course, are always happy to see these show up.
M’s reaction to these the last time I made them: “These are SOOOO chocolatey!” 🍫🍫🍫
(I should note, the next day when I offered her one, she said they were TOO much chocolate for her. She’s in one of those stages where she can’t be satisfied. Even with chocolate. 🙄)
J on the other hand will gladly take any she doesn’t want. Atta boy!
Notes on homemade crunch cups:
- You can make these gluten-free and vegan and dairy-free by the ingredients you choose. I’ve done that before for a neighborhood party (with some boys who are gluten- and dairy-free.)
- I spray my mini muffin tin with cooking spray to help these crunch cups release easily. I let them sit on a paper towel after I take them out to remove the extra spray. (You can probably skip the cooking spray if your nonstick pan is really good.)
- Once these set up in the freezer, they can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to a week. You’ll want to let them sit out for a few minutes before eating though so they aren’t rock hard.
- On the other hand, if they sit out for more than 25-30 minutes, they will start to get a little melty and messy around the edges.
- You can find some mini muffin cup liners at some grocery stores and party stores. It makes this homemade chocolate candy fun and festive for serving at a party.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day.
Whether that means staying in with some red wine and chocolate, going out with friends or having a romantic night – all are totally acceptable ways to celebrate! 💕
Check out these other healthier chocolate treats for a fun Valentine’s Day:
- Healthy double chocolate mini cupcakes (Family Food on the Table)
- Healthy chocolate pancakes (Family Food on the Table)
- Healthy chocolate chip muffins (Family Food on the Table)
- Skinny oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (The Food Charlatan)
- Healthy chocolate banana bread (The Baker Mama)
- Chocolate strawberry and pretzel fudge cups (Family Food on the Table)
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter (or sub coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies or brown rice cereal)
- Spray a 12-count mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. (Or use half of a 24-count mini muffin tin.)
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir chocolate chips with a spoon and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until chocolate chips are mostly melted. Stir well to melt the chips completely.
- Add the melted butter and cereal to the melted chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared mini muffin cups. Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes, until firm.
- Remove the chocolate crunch bites from the muffin tin and serve. Extras can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can make these gluten-free and vegan and dairy-free by the ingredients you choose.
I spray my mini muffin tin with cooking spray to help these crunch cups release easily. I let them sit on a paper towel to remove the extra spray.
Once these set up in the freezer, they can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to a week. You’ll want to let them sit out for a few minutes before eating though so they aren’t rock hard. (But if they sit out for more than 25-30 minutes, they will start to get a little melty and messy around the edges.)
- Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Muffin and Cupcake Pan
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
- Sumind 400 Pieces Mini Cupcake Cup Liners, Foil Baking Cups, Foil Cupcake Liners for Baking Muffin and Cupcakes (10 Colors)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 14g Protein: 3g