This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Simply amazing. This meatloaf smells amazing, it tastes amazing, it is amazing!
It’s got BBQ sauce, it’s got cheddar cheese, it’s even got spinach and roasted red peppers for a boost of color and flavor and veggies.
And it’s a turkey meatloaf, so all in all, it’s an amazingly well-rounded and healthful dinner. There’s that word amazing again. It really is.
Note: You can certainly use ground beef instead of turkey if you prefer. It would be delicious that way, too!
Plus, it’s a dump and mix kinda dinner. You just mix up the ingredients in one big bowl, shape it into a meatloaf on the pan and stick it in the oven. Couldn’t be simpler. Which was the point. 🙂
Extras freeze well, too. So if you are just serving two people, you can wrap up the leftovers and put them in a freezer-safe bag for another night. You’ll do a happy dance when you pull this out on a busy week and have dinner practically done.
I like serving this meatloaf with my super fast baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. Makes for an easy but delicious plate full of goodness!
You seriously need this meatloaf in your life. Get on that stat.
BBQ cheddar turkey meatloaf
An easy, flavorful, healthy 1-bowl turkey meatloaf. Sure to be a family favorite!
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey (I use 7% fat)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (unseasoned)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine all ingredients, using only 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce. Mix well in a bowl. I like to get it going with a fork and then use my hands to avoid overmixing, which can make the meatloaf tough.
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet and shape into an 8-inch long loaf.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Spread it evenly around the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Dive in!
Extras freeze great!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 416kcal Calories from fat 201|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|