Oh, this cake. This unbelievably rich, moist, delicious cake. I could eat it all day, every day.
I’ve made this cake so many times. It’s crazy easy to whip up and it’s always a hit!
This chocolate cake is decadent but also decidedly pretty good for you. It’s whole wheat flour, no butter, no oil and it’s got pumpkin in it. I mean, what’s to feel bad about?
But trust me, you’ll never know how wholesome it is because you’ll be too busy sneaking bites when no one’s looking. Don’t worry, I won’t tell. I’ll just discreetly alert you to the chocolate smear on your chin.
That's what friends are for.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk (I've used soy and skim - both work great)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour through salt) very well.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 8x8 glass pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into squares and commence face plant.
Adapted from Chocolate-Covered Katie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g