Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/chocolate-pumpkin-cake/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 9 large cake squares adjust servings
An unbelievably rich, moist, delicious (and shh, healthy) chocolate pumpkin cake!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk (I've used soy and skim - both work great)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour through salt) very well.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 8x8 glass pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into squares and commence face plant.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 174kcal Calories from fat 49|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|