Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/fast-farro-salad-with-veggies/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Fast farro salad with veggies
4 servings adjust servings
A quick, fun, healthy side dish of farro and mixed veggies!
- 8-oz. package quick-cook farro (or about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small diced
- 1 zucchini, small diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 green onions, light green and green parts, sliced thin
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop veggies and heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute veggies for an additional 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer farro to a bowl and top with veggies. Drizzle with remaining teaspoon olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve!
Leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 74kcal Calories from fat 25|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|