Microwave s’mores are super quick and easy to make and are soft, gooey, chocolatey and so delicious. Just 3 ingredients and 2 minutes needed for this treat!
My daughter is heading to sleep-away camp for the first time this weekend, and it's giving me all the feels.
I'm super excited for her, but also really nervous. I might be a bit of a mess until I hear from her that she's settled and happy.
But OK, let's move on to the food. I think distraction will be the best thing for me.
So it’s apparently microwave dessert week here on Family Food on the Table. (No, that’s not a real category. But I think it could be!)
Earlier this week, I shared microwave Rice Krispies, a single serve dessert that’s inspired by my college dorm cafeteria days.
Today, it’s a different go-to favorite.
These microwave s’mores are just the thing when you want all the fun and flavor of s’mores, but don’t want the hassle of building a campfire. 😂
I mean, I love our fire pit and I definitely love our camping weekends. (See my Instagram profile for my camping highlight of our recent trip.)
There’s certainly nothing like toasting your own marshmallow to perfection, whether that’s barely browned or almost burnt, like my 7-year-old son loves.
And then sliding it off onto your graham cracker and sandwiching some chocolate in there.
So, so good.
But I adore s’mores and I don’t want to limit myself to only having them when a fire is going.
More s’mores please!
So I make s’mores cookies that people go absolutely bonkers for. Warning: they are crazy addictive.
And I make s’mores ice cream. Also crazy addictive and so cold and creamy. Perfect for summertime!
But sometimes, I want a regular s’mores. Without all the smoke and fire.
So I’ve long made these quick and easy microwave s’mores that are just 3 ingredients and take less than 2 minutes.
Talk about an instant s’mores fix! I’m not known for my patience, so this suits me just fine.
These are also perfect for making in apartments or dorm rooms, when your options are limited on building fires. 😉
You are going to love how gooey and melty and chocolatey and delicious they are. And how dangerously easy they are to make!
OK, let’s get “cooking.”
Now, I’ve got some notes and substitutions coming up on how to make microwave s’mores. Just tryin’ to be helpful.
If you want to jump on down to the recipe, simply scroll right on through the rest of the text. The recipe card is near the bottom of the page, above the comments section.
Ingredient Notes & Tips:
- Marshmallows expand in the microwave. Big time. You need to keep an eye on these as they are in there and stop the microwave if they are going to overflow from your graham cracker or your plate. As soon as you cut the power, they will deflate back down. Then you can restart and keep an eye again. You just need them to get softened and melty, about 20-25 seconds.
- Chocolate: The recipe calls for ¼ of a regular sized Hershey’s chocolate bar. That’s 3 of the small rectangular pieces. You could probably get away with just using two if you like.
- Chocolate swaps: You could also use a different chocolate bar - such as dark chocolate or a chocolate and almonds bar - for the chocolate part of s’mores. Or swap in something like a Reese's cup. Or use a spread of Nutella on one of the graham cracker halves. Whatever ya got!
Also, a caveat.
We are making individual s’mores treats here. The recipe is for a single serving.
However, you can of course make as many of these as you like. You could probably do 2-3 at a time in the microwave, just keep an eye on those marshmallows and make sure they all get gooey. (You might need to increase the cook time.)
Or make them back to back for as many people as you can.
Though, if you are trying to make s’mores indoors for a crowd, this isn’t the best way. Try my baked s’mores recipe instead.
You can sign up for my free e-newsletter to get all of my new recipes delivered straight to your inbox so you never miss a thing. I’ll even send you my free e-cookbook, Healthy Weeknight Dinners, as a thank you!
OK, I think you are ready to plant your face into some serious s’mores deliciousness with next to no effort and almost instantly. That makes me so happy.
I hope you give these a try soon.
- 1 graham cracker sheet
- 2 regular size marshmallows
- ¼ of a Hershey’s chocolate bar (3 small rectangular pieces)
- Place half of the graham cracker on a microwave-safe plate and top with the 2 marshmallows.
- Microwave for 20-25 seconds, watching carefully so marshmallows don’t poof up too much and spill over. If they are getting close, simply pause the microwave. The marshmallows will deflate right away and then you can continue with the microwave time.
- Top with chocolate pieces and remaining half of graham cracker to make a s’mores sandwich. Enjoy immediately!
Marshmallows: Marshmallows expand in the microwave. Big time. You need to keep an eye on these as they are in there and stop the microwave if they are going to overflow from your graham cracker or your bowl. As soon as you cut the power, they will deflate back down. Then you can restart and keep an eye again. You just need them to get softened and melty, about 20-25 seconds.
Chocolate: The recipe calls for ¼ of a Hershey’s chocolate bar. That’s 3 of the small rectangular pieces. You could probably get away with just using two.
Chocolate swaps: You could also use a different chocolate bar - such as dark chocolate or a chocolate and almonds bar - for the chocolate part of s’mores. Or swap in something like a Reese's cup. Or a spread of Nutella. Whatever ya got!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g