Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/quick-okra-corn-and-tomato-saute/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Quick okra, corn and tomato saute
4 servings adjust servings
A quick saute makes the most of these fresh, summer veggies!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound okra, ends trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 corn cobs, corn kernels cut off (about 1 cup of corn kernels - can sub frozen)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or parsley (whatever ya got), roughly chopped
- Optional: hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until slightly tender.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
- Add okra and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add tomatoes and season again with more salt and pepper. I’m all about layering your seasonings. Cook another minute then turn off heat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (add more salt, pepper and/or optional hot sauce as needed).
- Sprinkle with basil or parsley and serve hot.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 81kcal Calories from fat 24|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|