Spinach artichoke chicken meatballs are a really quick and easy dinner recipe with big flavor and just 7 ingredients! They go great with pasta or can be used as an appetizer.
I have partnered with La Terra Fina on this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Monday nights have turned into soccer night at our house.
J has practice every week and by the time we get home, it's 25 minutes until their bed time. 🙄 So it's a mad rush to get the kids cleaned up (which my husband does) and get dinner on the table.
I've been using my slow cooker a lot and also stockpiling all my super quick and easy recipes (like my chicken recipes in under 15 minutes). And sometimes making some things earlier in the day when I can.
Today I’m sharing my spinach artichoke chicken meatballs, which are a really quick and easy recipe with big flavor and just 7 ingredients! (And perfect for those busy weeknights.)
My secret weapon is using La Terra Fina’s yummy Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan dip.
We love it both warm and cold with crackers and veggies and it’s a great spread to use for chicken or turkey sandwiches!
Today, it’s the flavor booster in these chicken meatballs and it really adds such a great creaminess and richness.
We love these with a thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta as a main course. I sometimes wilt some spinach in with the cooked pasta for a veggie add-in. Then I give everything a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley to serve it. Deliciousness!
(I think next time I might also stir some of the spinach artichoke dip into the hot pasta to add some extra creaminess there. That seems like a good idea, right?!)
Or you could serve these with marinara and spaghetti for a twist on your regular spaghetti and meatballs dinner.
They would also be great as an appetizer - you could serve them with toothpicks and extra of the La Terra Fine dip on the side for dipping!
Notes on making spinach artichoke chicken meatballs:
- I use lean ground chicken that’s usually 90% or 93% lean, depending on where I buy it.
- You can substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs if you need these meatballs to be gluten-free. (The dip is certified gluten-free.)
- I used La Terra Fina’s Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan dip but their Spinach & Parmesan dip would be great here as well.
- These meatballs freeze great! I just pop them in a ziptop bag and throw them in the freezer to make dinner super easy another night. 👍
Whether for a soccer practice night or just a busy weeknight, I hope you try these easy chicken meatballs!
Have a great week and enjoy!
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground chicken
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I use low-sodium)
- ⅓ cup La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan dip and spread
- ⅓ cup plain, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Roll the meatballs into small balls - about the size of a golf ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 20-24 minutes, until cooked through. (Exact time will depend on the size of your meatballs.)
I use lean ground chicken that’s usually 90% or 93% lean, depending on where I buy it.
You can substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs if you need these meatballs to be gluten-free. (The dip is certified gluten-free.)
I used La Terra Fina’s Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan dip but their Spinach & Parmesan dip would be great here as well.
These meatballs freeze great! I just pop them in a ziptop bag and throw them in the freezer.
Serving Size:1 meatball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g