This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This fresh and colorful summer veggie pasta salad features a creamy store-bought spinach artichoke dressing that coats every bite. It’s perfect for BBQ parties, potlucks and picnics all summer long!
I have partnered with La Terra Fina on this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I hope you had a great weekend and a fun Father’s Day!
We spent it outside, listening to the symphony. Our local symphony does a Pops in the Park series every June and last night was the music of John Williams. Think Star Wars, Jurassic Park, E.T., Superman and more.
My parents came too and we took the kids for the first time (they fell asleep on the blanket) so it was a really fun family evening! 🎼❤️
Today I’m excited to share this summer veggie pasta salad because it’s one of those that’s perfect for easy entertaining this time of year.
We all need more quick and easy recipes in summertime, right? (And you know me, I’m partial to some healthy summer salads for all the veggie goodness!)
And I know you’re with me about adding all the delicious summer veggies, right?!
So here we are with a gorgeous and healthy summer veggie pasta salad that’s gonna be a new staple for summer BBQs, potlucks, picnics, neighborhood parties and just family dinners when we’re grilling out.
(It also makes a great dish to pack up for the pool or beach. Check out the 17 healthy pool dinners post I recently shared for more ideas.)
This summer salad is so easy to make, too. You cook the pasta and meanwhile, prep all the veggies. Then mix those together, add the 1-ingredient dressing and voila!
You have a gorgeous pasta salad that’s party ready! 🙌
Wondering about the 1-ingredient dressing? It’s a creamy Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Greek yogurt dip and spread from La Terra Fina that’s ready to go for you.
(And that flavor is one of my favorites to have on hand for snacking – we love the stuff!)
I actually recent took an extra container I had of this dip with me to my mother-daughter beach weekend, to use as part of a snack board, and it was the first thing to go!
It’s creamy yet light with amazing flavor – and it’s certified gluten-free, which was necessary for my mother-in-law.
But today I’m using it in a new way – as a dressing for this gorgeous summer veggie pasta salad!
You just add the full container to your mixed pasta and veggies, add a few splashes of the pasta cooking liquid and you are set!
That’s my kind of summer living 😉
A few notes on this summer veggie pasta salad:
- The pasta for this recipe needs to be cooked and cooled. You can make it ahead of time or if you are impatient like me, just run the cooked pasta under cold water for a couple of minutes to cool it down.
- I use whole wheat rotini pasta but you could substitute bow-tie or penne pasta if you prefer. And you can sub a gluten-free pasta if you need this to be gluten-free.
- I use cherry tomatoes because I always have them on hand in the summer, but a really yummy ripe heirloom or fresh summer tomato would be a great substitute.
- I used La Terra Fina’s Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan dip but their Spinach & Parmesan dip would be great here as well. Or if you want to save your delicious dips strictly for snacking, you could substitute a creamy Parmesan dressing here instead. You could even try a creamy Caesar dressing.
I hope your summer is full of fun parties, easy cooking and entertaining and veggie-loaded salads like this one. 💚
P.S. You may want to check out these other pasta salads:
- Southwestern orzo salad (Family Food on the Table)
- Lemony orzo chicken salad (Family Food on the Table)
- BLT pasta salad (Crunchy Creamy Sweet)
- Classic Italian pasta salad (Wishes and Dishes)
- Classic spaghetti salad (Family Food on the Table)
Summer veggie pasta salad
This fresh and colorful summer veggie pasta salad is perfect for BBQ parties, potlucks and picnics!
- 8 oz. whole wheat rotini pasta (see notes)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (or use a mix of yellow and orange), chopped small
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced in thin half-moons
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10 oz.) package La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip (see notes)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water, and let cool. (It’s OK to run the pasta under cold water to cool it faster.)
In the meantime, prep the vegetables.
Add the pasta and vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Add the spinach artichoke and Parmesan dip and a splash or two of the reserved pasta water and mix thoroughly. Add additional splashes of the pasta water, as needed, to help the dip coat the pasta and veggies evenly.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with fresh basil.
The pasta for this recipe needs to be cooked and cooled. You can make it ahead of time or you can just run the cooked pasta under cold water for a couple of minutes to cool it down.
I use whole wheat rotini pasta but you could substitute bow-tie or penne pasta if you prefer. You can also use a gluten-free pasta if needed.
I use cherry tomatoes but a ripe heirloom or fresh summer tomato would be a great substitute.
I used La Terra Fina’s Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan dip but their Spinach & Parmesan dip would be great here as well. Or you could substitute a creamy Parmesan dressing or even try a creamy Caesar dressing.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 353kcal Calories from fat 118|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|