Cheesy chicken meatballs are easy to make, easy to bake and can be served as an appetizer or dinner!
Just LOOK how easy these are to make – press play!
A quick recap of what I did this weekend before my big announcement.
- Had the kids on my own while husband was out of town.
- Took kids to my parents house to spend the night so I could get a break. 👍
- Slept in on Sunday and lounged in bed, working and reading, while my parents had the kids.
- Walked the 4 miles to my parents house (and later had them drive us home) cause I wanted to clear my head a bit. Glorious day for a long walk!
It was pretty lovely all in all. And as for the announcement…
My birthday is coming up later this week. I’m turning thirty-five. That’s big.
When I was younger, I remember feeling like 35 was a dividing line. You were officially a grown-up. You were into full adulthood. You were halfway to 70 after all.
And now that I’m here? I don’t feel all that grown-up. 😉
But really, I kinda like getting older. I’m more comfortable with me and I care a little less if everyone else is.
Sure, I still have LOTS of growing, lots of learning, lots of exploring to do. But that’s just it. I’m excited for what the next 35 years have in store and the experiences those will bring.
And I have to say, I may have my mom to thank for this attitude on aging. She’s one of those women who have aged with total grace and poise and class. And beauty – that surely helps too 😉 Please let me follow in her footsteps. 🙏
But on to the food. These cheesy chicken meatballs, in particular.
I’m a meatball lover through and through.
Not true when I was a kid. A big ball of meat did not seem appetizing in any way. I also didn’t like spaghetti unless my mom made it (which is similar to how I make my spaghetti dinner today).
But now I’m all about the meatballs! I have my basic baked turkey meatballs that I like to have on hand in the freezer at all times for a fast and easy dinner.
I also love trying all kinds of different flavors. Beyond the basics. Beyond Italian. Bring on the craziness in meatball town.
These cheesy chicken meatballs are only a little crazy, admittedly. I’m trying to slowly lure you in with me. We’ll go all wild meatball mania in due time.
Today, though, it’s all about the cheddar-chicken combo and a super cheesy, savory, flavorful and delicious meatball.
I prefer them dipped in BBQ sauce. My kids would rather have ketchup. Either way, these are a total hit around here.
Ideas for serving these cheesy chicken meatballs:
- Make them an appetizer and offer up toothpicks or skewers. Have dipping sauces at the ready. Perfect for game day eats!
- Serve them over mashed potatoes or creamy polenta and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Load up a hoagie or sub sandwich with these healthy chicken meatballs and some sauce. Feast!
- Or just have them with your regular spaghetti and marinara sauce.
Definitely make the entire batch, too. (Or possibly double it!) These meatballs freeze beautifully and you’ll be happy to have them on hand.
Hope you give them a try and enjoy!