Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/chocolate-breakfast-oatmeal/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Chocolate breakfast oatmeal
1 serving adjust servings
A fast, healthy chocolate oatmeal breakfast featuring all real food ingredients!
- 1/2 cup oats (I use old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup milk, plus 2-3 tablespoons milk, divided (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (or you can sub maple syrup or agave)
- mini chocolate chips, to sprinkle (optional)
- Combine oats and 1 cup milk in a medium microwaveable bowl. (Make sure it's big enough so the oats don't bubble over.) Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove and add cocoa powder and cinnamon, stirring well to combine.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk (adjust to get your desired consistency) and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Drizzle with honey and serve warm!
- I start with 2 tablespoons of milk added after the oats have cooked and sometimes add an extra splash. Adjust to get your desired consistency.
- Also, I use soy milk for the milk here but regular milk (skim, 2% or whole) is great, too.
- Other variations: Stir in 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Or top with banana slices. Or top with chopped walnuts. So many delicious options!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 506kcal Calories from fat 125|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|