This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is a great go-to dinner because it requires only very basic pantry ingredients and comes together in 20 minutes. Hello, busy weeknight or lazy weekend, you got nothing on me!
I adore balsamic vinegar. It makes all.the.food so delicious. It’s rich and has a really deep flavor. Particularly when you let it reduce down a bit and thicken and become even more syrupy and sweet. Balsamic vinegar, you are my sun, my moon… OK, I’ll stop before I get indecent.
This balsamic chicken is also super duper easy. Just chop your onions, sauté them, throw in the chicken and when it’s browned, add your balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Ta-da!
And if you’ve got some leftover veggies in your fridge, throw those in — mushrooms, peppers or zucchini would all be delicious added to this balsamic chicken recipe. Everything goes well with it!
Next time you are short on time and ideas, pull this out. Sure to be a family favorite!
Easy balsamic chicken
This balsamic chicken is a fast, easy, delicious weeknight favorite!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 6-oz. chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Chop onion into thin slices.
- Saute onions in oil until lightly browned and softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Slice chicken into strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken slices to the pan - just push the onion to the sides.
- Cook until chicken is well browned, then flip and cook until the other side is browned, about 6-8 minutes total.
- Add balsamic vinegar and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until it’s reduced by half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve chicken with extra juices drizzled on top.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 351kcal Calories from fat 164|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|