This creamy skillet chicken has a velvety smooth sauce from just 2 ingredients! It’s perfect for a really simple, delicious weeknight dinner!
Welcome to one of my favorite dinners. ❤️
I’ve been making this easy creamy chicken for years. It started one of those nights when I looked into the fridge and wondered why I hadn’t gone to the store that day. Slim pickings.
Then I spied some wedge cheese and some chicken I needed to cook and this delightful dinner was born.
And ever since, it never fails to amaze me. It’s the sauce.
The sauce has a serious yummy quotient. It’s decadent but also, believe it, so very light. And it takes just two ingredients.
I use Laughing Cow wedge cheese and some chicken broth to make a velvety smooth sauce that coats the chicken and brings a wollop of flavor without many calories.
Big impact, little sacrifice. Win-win!
This also cooks up in no time, making it an easy, delicious dinner to turn to any night of the week. It’s my foolproof back-up when things get crazy.
(Which is why I always have these ingredients on hand!)
You might also love this Quick Chicken & Gravy recipe, which is ready in just 25 minutes and is perfect served with mashed potatoes.
How-to make this easy creamy chicken:
- First, season your chicken strips or bits with salt and pepper and brown them up in a pan to get a nice golden crust. Don’t skip the golden crust.
- Next, add your cheese wedges and some chicken broth. Use your spatula or spoon and scrape at the bottom of the pan to get those delicious stuck-on bits to un-stick. Flavor town!
- Let the cheese melt into the broth and cook down until it’s reduced and thickened and made an unbelievably scrumptious sauce for your beautifully browned chicken.
That’s it! You’ve just made a delicious dinner everyone is going to devour!
(Oh, and this recipe is low-carb and gluten-free and keto as is.)
I get questions a lot about the cheese used here, so let’s discuss.
Notes about the cheese in this creamy chicken recipe:
– I use Laughing Cow cheese wedges in this recipe. It’s easy, flavorful and keeps it really simple.
– However, you could also use a plain or flavored goat cheese for this recipe. You’ll need about 4 ounces.
– You could also use a combination of plain cream cheese, Swiss or mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese for this recipe.
– The amount listed in the recipe card works well for us. But of course, feel free to add extra cheese if you’d like!
Also, be sure to serve the chicken with any extra sauce drizzled on it. Plenty of extra sauce!
Just resist the urge to lick the very hot pan. It will burn your tongue. Not that I know from experience…
Lastly, here’s some ideas of what to pair it with.
Serving ideas for easy creamy chicken:
- Fluffy baked potatoes (I always make easy 10-minute “baked” potatoes to keep the meal quick and easy.)
- Mashed potatoes
- Creamy grits or polenta
- Steamed rice or quinoa
You pretty much want anything that you can drizzle some extra sauce over! Oh that sauce… 😍
Then just add your favorite veggie: steamed broccoli or asparagus, green beans or sautéed spinach.
The whole dinner can be ready in just 15 minutes with minimal effort and very few, very basic ingredients. That’s what I’m talking about.
(If that’s your style, too, be sure to check out my easy balsamic chicken. It’s another favorite weeknight go-to, also using pantry ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes.)
I use Laughing Cow cheese wedges for this recipe. However, you could also substitute a plain or flavored goat cheese. (You'll need about 4 oz.) Or you could use a combination of plain cream cheese, Swiss or mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. This is great served over a baked potato, mashed potatoes, polenta or grits, or steamed rice or quinoa. Anything that you can drizzle some of the extra sauce over!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 31gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 30g
I use Laughing Cow cheese wedges for this recipe. However, you could also substitute a plain or flavored goat cheese. (You'll need about 4 oz.) Or you could use a combination of plain cream cheese, Swiss or mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
This is great served over a baked potato, mashed potatoes, polenta or grits, or steamed rice or quinoa. Anything that you can drizzle some of the extra sauce over!