This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Welcome to one of my favorite dinners.
I’ve been making this easy creamy chicken for years. It started one of those nights when I looked into the fridge and wondered why I hadn’t gone to the store that day. Slim pickings.
Then I spied some wedge cheese and some chicken I needed to cook and this delightful dinner was born.
And ever since, it fails to amaze me. It’s the sauce.
The sauce has a serious yummy quotient. It’s decadent but also, believe it, so very light. And it takes just two ingredients.
I use Laughing Cow wedge cheese and some chicken broth to make a velvety smooth sauce that coats the chicken and brings a wollop of flavor without many calories.
Big impact, little sacrifice. Win-win!
This also cooks up in no time, making it an easy, delicious dinner to turn to any night of the week. It’s my foolproof back-up when things get crazy.
(Which is why I always have these ingredients on hand!)
Here’s the basic how-to for this easy creamy chicken:
- First, season your chicken strips or bits with salt and pepper and brown them up in a pan to get a nice golden crust. Don’t skip the golden crust.
- Next, add your cheese wedges and some chicken broth. Use your spatula or spoon and scrape at the bottom of the pan to get those delicious stuck-on bits to un-stick. Flavor town!
- Let the cheese melt into the broth and cook down until it’s reduced and thickened and made an unbelievably scrumptious sauce for your beautifully browned chicken.
Also, be sure to serve the chicken with any extra sauce drizzled on it.
Just resist the urge to lick the very hot pan. It will burn your tongue. Not that I know from experience…
Served here with some steamed broccoli and my easy 10-minute “baked” potatoes. Over which I may have drizzled more sauce. (Oh this sauce!)
The whole dinner is ready in 15 minutes with minimal effort and very few, very basic ingredients. That’s what I’m talking about.
If that’s your style, too, be sure to check out my easy balsamic chicken. It’s another favorite weeknight go-to, also using pantry ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes.
Easy creamy chicken
This creamy skillet chicken has a velvety smooth sauce from just 2 ingredients!
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into large strips or chunks
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 creamy Swiss cheese wedges (I use Laughing Cow)
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Season chicken strips or chunks with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add cheese wedges and chicken broth, scraping up any stuck-on bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the cheese has melted, the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken with extra sauce drizzled over the top. Devour!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 386kcal Calories from fat 209|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|