Paprika roasted potatoes are an easy, flavorful side dish with a crispy crust and a soft, fluffy potato inside. Great for a simple dinner side dish!
If you follow me regularly, you know by now that I love ALL the potatoes.
I could eat potatoes as my starchy side 5 nights a week and be a happy lady.
Potato for president! Or maybe potatoe for vice president! (Anybody? Anybody? 😂)
Normally, I’m making my 10-minute microwave baked potatoes, cause they are so easy and they come out perfect every single time.
Due to this undying love for all the taters, though, I do find myself looking for new ways to jazz them up.
Confession time: I’m the type of person who could eat the same thing over and over every week. I tend to do this for my lunch. It’s one less thing to think about when you just put your meal on repeat for more days than not.
So I’m fine with my regular baked potatoes over and over.
On the other hand, I know enough about nutrition to know that variety is a good thing.
And my husband is not quite as up for the repeats time and time again as I am. Yup, smart guy.
So a couple of months ago, I started buying the small creamer potatoes at the grocery store and roasting them with paprika.
And voila, paprika roasted potatoes.
The crispiness, the color, the taste… Hello, my new favorite way to eat potatoes! 😍
Tips for making paprika roasted potatoes:
– I usually use just regular paprika, but smoked paprika would be great here too.
– I prefer the small creamer potatoes for this recipe, but you could certainly substitute another kind. Yukon potatoes would be great and even small red potatoes would work.
– Be sure to cut your potatoes into even sized pieces, so they all cook through at the same time.
– Spread the potatoes out in an even layer on the baking sheet, and not too crowded. This will help them roast and get those great crunchy edges.
– Stir the potatoes after they’ve roasted for about 15 minutes, to help all the sides get browned and crusty.
These are so very simple but man, they are so flavorful.
Creamy, soft and fluffy potatoes inside, coated with the roasted crunchy bits outside. Mmm!
Poor hubby, these are going on the weekly menu for as long as I can manage. So far at least, he’s not complaining.
Want to round out the meal?
What to serve with paprika potatoes:
– Anything from the grill (chicken, fish, steak)
– Meatloaf, pulled pork or chicken sandwiches or burgers
Then add your favorite veggie side: steamed broccoli, green beans or a nice big salad. Dinner is done!
I think these paprika potatoes are gonna be your new favorite side dish too!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g