Quick and easy Mediterranean chicken is a one-skillet meal with great colors and flavors and the perfect blend of spices. Ready in just 25 minutes, this makes a great weeknight dinner!
We are officially on summer break!
My son graduated from his pre-K program and my daughter had her last day of 2nd grade at the end of last week. We’ve got camps and fun things to look forward to this summer, as well as just some long, lazy days.
(Although it is funny explaining to the kids that grown-ups don’t get summer breaks from their jobs so mama will still be working every day during the week. #hardtruths)
And this week, I am looking forward to a trip to Chicago for a food blogging conference.
I call that work under my second full-time job. But it’s the work I love and adore. And conferences with food bloggers are about the best kind around. 🙌
I’m excited for lots of time with some dear friends, lots of learning and of course, lots of good eats.
Recently I shared my sheet pan Mediterranean chicken and veggies, which is a great hands-off meal where everything roasts together in the oven.
Today is a different version of some of those same favorite flavors.
This quick and easy Mediterranean chicken is loaded with cubed chicken breast, tomatoes and artichoke hearts, spinach and plenty of warm, lovely spices.
It all cooks together in one pan and it’s ready in just 25 minutes, so it’s great for an easy weeknight dinner!
Other skillet chicken recipes you might love:
- Southwest chicken skillet dinner
- 15-minute honey garlic chicken
- Healthy chicken and zucchini skillet with corn
- One pot easy harvest chicken skillet
- Easy chicken Florentine
I also love that this Mediterranean chicken skillet is made mostly with on-hand pantry ingredients, so I can throw this together any old night. Which is exactly why I have it on regular rotation.
Plus, it’s just a pretty, colorful, fresh looking dish to serve up for your family dinner.
This recipe is also low-carb, gluten-free and can be paleo.
But you don’t have to stop there. There’s lots of ways to add on to this meal.
So keep reading for some notes and serving ideas for this one pot chicken recipe.
Or if you want to jump on down to the recipe, simply scroll right on through the rest of the text. The recipe card is near the bottom of the page, above the comments section.
Notes on healthy Mediterranean chicken:
- I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could sub boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- You can add more or less red pepper flakes to adjust the level of spice here. As is, it’s very mild.
- Regular or fire-roasted diced tomatoes will work here.
- Fresh baby spinach is my go-to for this recipe to add some veggies and some green. I think baby arugula would be great here too though.
Also, I highly recommend you use at least a couple of the toppings, which include kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh basil.
They add a great richness, freshness and hit of flavor to really put this dish over the top.
(Plus, you know me and toppings. Gotta have ‘em!)
Bonus round for this recipe: leftovers reheat well if you want to take some for lunch the next day.
You can also freeze any extras for another night. (Thaw it out, then add the toppings and serve it up.)
Ways to serve easy Mediterranean chicken:
– We love this over whole wheat spaghetti. Any long, thin noodle would be good here.
– You can also serve it with rice, quinoa or couscous.
– Creamy polenta would be yummy with this meal too.
– Roasted potatoes would be a good side dish to go with this as well. I think roasted potatoes go with everything though. (My spicy roasted potatoes or paprika roasted potatoes are both good options.)
– It’s also great over spaghetti squash – or zucchini noodles – for a low-carb option. (I do this just for the benefit of getting in extra veggies.)
– Or you could just serve it with some warmed pita bread, naan or Italian loaf bread. (I want to try homemade pita bread sometime soon!)
If you love Mediterranean flavors like I do, I hope you’ll give this recipe a try.
I think you’ll love how quick and easy it is, and how very flavorful. ❤️
P.S. Check out all of my other chicken recipes in under 30 minutes for more easy dinner inspiration!
I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could sub boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. You can add more or less red pepper flakes to adjust the level of spice here. As is, it’s very mild. Regular or fire-roasted diced tomatoes are good here. We love this over whole wheat spaghetti, but brown rice, couscous, quinoa or creamy polenta would be good with this too. Spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles work for a low-carb option.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 153mg Sodium: 1055mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 3g Protein: 58g
I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could sub boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
You can add more or less red pepper flakes to adjust the level of spice here. As is, it’s very mild.
Regular or fire-roasted diced tomatoes are good here.
We love this over whole wheat spaghetti, but brown rice, couscous, quinoa or creamy polenta would be good with this too.
Spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles work for a low-carb option.