Sheet pan Mediterranean chicken and veggies are seasoned with a yummy spice mixture and roasted together for an easy, healthy, hands-off dinner.
Hello from Las Vegas!
I'm heading back home today after such a fun weekend here with my husband. We saw Lady Gaga in Concert - both her in-residence show Enigma and her jazz/piano show. I just don't even... so amazing. She's such a talented performer and artist and singer.
(Plus it was SO nice to have a weekend away to ourselves. ❤️)
Tomorrow will be a tough re-entry, but I'm trying not to think about that yet. So let's talk some food!
Who here loves a hands-off sheet pan dinner? 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
I know I do.
Here are a few we enjoy:
Or check out this collection of sheet pan chicken dinners, with 10 delicious recipes!
Today’s recipe is for my sheet pan Mediterranean chicken and veggies.
A flavorful blend of spices seasons the juicy chicken breasts and roasted vegetables for a gorgeous and delicious healthy dinner!
Finishing it off with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice from the roasted lemons, plus the olives, feta and fresh herbs, well, those all take this meal to the next level.
Plus, it all roasts together in the oven so you can get on with your life. Or at least crack a bottle of wine and tell everyone to stay out of the kitchen while you slave away on dinner.
AKA, sip slowly and enjoy a moment to yourself. 🍷
Not that I’ve ever done that…
This recipe is also low-carb, gluten-free and can be paleo.
But you don’t have to stop there. There’s lots of ways to add on to this for a heartier meal.
So keep reading for some notes, serving ideas and meal prep tips for this sheet pan chicken recipe.
Or if you want to jump on down to the recipe, simply scroll right on through the rest of the text. The recipe card is near the bottom of the page, above the comments section.
Notes on Mediterranean chicken bake:
- I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could sub boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. You may just need to increase the cooking time until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
- If you have really big chicken breasts, you can do just 2-3 and then slice them after they’ve cooked and rested, to stretch them out to 4 people.
- I love this mix of vegetables, but you could certainly switch some out to use your family’s favorites. Green beans, zucchini and tomatoes would work great here too.
Also, if you’ve got a vegetarian in the house, skip serving them the chicken and sub in some chickpeas, cannellini beans or hummus for a protein. (Or some cooked tofu or tempeh if you want to make that separately.)
There’s lots of ways you can round out this meal too!
Gotta love having options. 😊
Serving ideas for Mediterranean chicken:
- Serve the chicken and veggies over steamed brown or white rice.
- Serve with couscous or quinoa.
- Or use a thin pasta like angel hair or a thin spaghetti.
- Use a second sheet pan and roast some potatoes at the same time as the chicken and vegetables. Everything will be ready at the same time!
- Serve with warmed pita bread or naan.
You can also make this into a healthy grain bowl, either for dinner or for lunch, if you’re meal prepping or have leftovers.
Arrange the chicken and veggies over your grain of choice and drizzle everything with the fresh lemon juice. Then add your toppings and behold a beautiful meal!
You could also add some crispy roasted chickpeas from my friend Des, a dollop of creamy hummus or pita triangles to make an Instagram-worthy meal. 👍
Meal prep tips:
Follow the recipe below and let the roasted chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after it’s done in the oven.
Then slice the chicken.
Divide the chicken and veggies into 4-5 meal prep containers, over rice, quinoa, couscous or another pasta.
Squeeze the lemon slices over each container.
Add the olives, feta and fresh herbs. Let cool for a few minutes then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat in the microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring once, until warmed and ready to enjoy.
I think I have so many tips and ideas on ways to enjoy this because, well, I enjoy it so much!
Changing up how I serve it means I can have this meal much more often and never feel bored with it. 🙌
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do. ❤️
P.S. I have a yummy skillet version of this recipe coming next week, so stay tuned. You can also sign up for my free weekly e-newsletter to get all of my latest recipes delivered to your inbox. I’ll even send you a free e-cookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners, as a thank you!
- 4 (5-6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large lemon, cut into 4-6 slices
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the seasoning mixture:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup black olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Arrange the chicken and veggies on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Mix together the seasoning mixture in a small bowl and season the chicken and veggies.
- Add the lemon slices on top of the chicken breasts. (If you have more than 4 slices, add the extras on top of some of the vegetables.)
- Bake at 375 until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted lemon slices over the chicken and veggies.
- Top with black olives, feta cheese and fresh herbs and enjoy!
I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could sub boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. You may just need to increase the cooking time until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
If you have really big chicken breasts, you can do just 2-3 and then slice them after they’ve cooked and rested, to stretch them out to 4 people.
I love this mix of vegetables, but you could certainly switch some out to use your family’s favorites. Green beans, zucchini and tomatoes would also work great here.
You can serve this as-is or with rice, quinoa, couscous or another pasta.
Check the post above for meal prep tips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 59g