Sheet pan chicken and broccoli with bell peppers and Parmesan cheese makes for an easy, hands-off healthy dinner! Serve alone for a low-carb meal or pair with steamed rice or a baked potato.
Happy hump day friends! I hope you are having a good week… it’s always tough coming back after vacation, isn’t it?
We’ve been right back in the swing of things here. Work and school book fair volunteering and soccer practice and a dentist appointment and it’s only Wednesday. 😂
Also lots of playing in the leaves, raking them up and making big piles for the kids to jump in, which makes my heart happy.
In other news, I can’t believe tomorrow is December 1.
I mean, I can. I’ve got Christmas decorations pulled down, we’re setting up our tree, the kids are talking Christmas and Santa non-stop and we’ve got my in-laws coming for the first of two visits this weekend.
So it does feel like Christmas. But still…
One of my rules amid all the holiday craziness is to keep things as simple as possible as much as possible.
That means really easy dinners as often as I can manage it. (I like to make a bit of a fuss for company and for my husband’s birthday in December and of course for the actual holidays.)
But just a random weeknight? Hello, sheet pan dinners.
I love that you can load up one or two sheet pans, throw them in the oven and dinner is set. I can go read books with the kids, sort the laundry that I’ve inevitably left in the hallway outside the laundry room or just catch up on emails.
Today’s recipe is sheet pan chicken with broccoli and red peppers and a good dose of Parmesan cheese. It’s also red + green and totally festive. Yeah, yeah, so “festive” might be a bit of a stretch but this dinner does have the Christmas colors going on. ❤️🎄💚
Notes on making sheet pan chicken and broccoli:
- This recipe is low-carb and gluten-free as is, but you could certainly serve it with steamed perfect brown rice or a quick 10-minute microwave baked potato.
- You could also put cut up Yukon or red potatoes on another pan and roast them in the oven at the same time as the sheet pan chicken and broccoli.
- You can skip the onion if you prefer. I love the flavor it adds and I actually love eating roasted onions with the other veggies, but I know it’s not everyone’s thing.
- I used a red bell pepper here – that festive thing again – but you could use another color if you prefer.
- I sprinkle the Parmesan on the veggies at the end, so it just melts, but you could add it before roasting if you want it to get more crusted on.
Here’s to simple and easy dinners and to keeping things calm and sane during the holidays. Or trying at least 😉
P.S. Did you make this? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram – I love seeing what you make.
You can skip the onion if you prefer. I used a red bell pepper here, but you could use another color if you prefer. I sprinkle the Parmesan on the veggies at the end, so it just melts, but you could add it before roasting if you want it to get more crusted on.
For the chicken:
For the veggies:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 900mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 58g
You can skip the onion if you prefer.
I used a red bell pepper here, but you could use another color if you prefer.
I sprinkle the Parmesan on the veggies at the end, so it just melts, but you could add it before roasting if you want it to get more crusted on.