This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Try this easy roasted salmon dinner with baby creamer potatoes and asparagus for a sheet pan meal that’s all ready at the same time!
I am SO happy to see Friday roll around this week!
We’ve been getting back on track after spring break and I’m kinda sorta feeling caught up. But also a bit exhausted and looking forward to the weekend!
After mountains of laundry and emails and massive amounts of groceries and cooking, I think I’ve returned us to our regular status quo.
And amid all the catching up, and with the pretty weather outside that the kiddos and I have wanted to enjoy, it’s been a week of easy, fast dinners around here. (Yes, most weeks are, but this one especially. Also, husband was traveling a few of the days, so you know I’m opting for no fuss!)
One of my favorite ways to get an easy, well-rounded meal on the table is to do a sheet pan dinner. You load up one or two sheet pans with your protein, starch and vegetables and throw everything into the oven. BAM!
And if you didn’t know, I have a serious love for salmon. Maybe it’s the nutrition editor in me, who knows we should all be eating more seafood and that salmon is especially great for those omega-3 fatty acids, or maybe it’s because of how darn good it tastes and how very versatile it can be.
What I don’t love? My grocery store salmon must be used the same day it’s purchased. Most of the time, I plan for this and grocery shop the day I want to make a salmon dinner. But sometimes, that’s just not possible. Like this week.
The best solution? Having some amazing salmon on hand in the freezer to use any night you please. Especially when it doesn’t need to be defrosted (I always forget to pull stuff out the night before!) and especially when a complete salmon dinner can be cooked in about 20 minutes. Total weeknight win!
BumbleBee SuperFresh® has great flavor and is all natural – no funny business. The ingredients are recognizable and they don’t use a bunch of breading or heavy sauces. The salmon shines through and you get a healthy, protein-packed seafood dinner.
And it’s so easy to use. Just slip the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the included parchment paper baking pouch and it goes right on the baking sheet. Completely fuss-free and mess-free! Now if I could just translate that to other parts of my life…
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® has lots of great seafood products available, but I went with salmon here, because, well, I’m a salmon kinda gal. Not to play favorites, but it’s my favorite fish. 😉 And this way it’s already seasoned to perfection and ready to go, so only my oven has to work hard.
I’ve created a full roasted salmon dinner by pairing it with some baby creamer potatoes, asparagus and red pepper strips — a healthy spring feast!
Then snag you some, grab your veggies and get to making a (double) sheet pan salmon dinner the whole family will love!
Salmon, potatoes and asparagus sheet pan dinner
Try this easy roasted salmon dinner with baby creamer potatoes and asparagus for a sheet pan meal that's all ready at the same time!
- 2 boxes Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil (4 filets total)
- 1 1b. baby creamer potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove salmon from packaging and put each piece into its (provided) parchment packet and fold to enclose. (As directed on box packaging.)
- Place potatoes on one sheet pan and season with 2 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and garlic powder, as well as the thyme.
- Mix asparagus, red peppers strips and onion on the other sheet pan with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place parchment packets on top of asparagus mixture and place on the middle rack of your oven. Place the potato sheet pan on the bottom rack.
- Roast at 425 for 22-24 minutes. After 15 minutes, I remove the potatoes, stir them and rotate the pan in the oven so they cook evenly and get crispy all over. (You can also move the pan to the top rack if it’s cooking too much on the bottom)
- When the cooking time is over, remove sheet pans from the oven and carefully open the parchment paper at the top to let the steam escape. They will be hot!
- Serve potatoes and asparagus mix with salmon filets. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 107kcal Calories from fat 44|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
** Do you do sheet pan dinners? What are your favorite combos? **
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.