Easy BBQ salmon is a 2-ingredient recipe that can be grilled or oven roasted. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for meal prepping healthy lunches!
Hello from the beach!
Today is my last day of a long weekend girls beach getaway with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and two of my husband's aunts and their daughters. We've had some long, lazy mornings, afternoons at the beach, and evenings spent chatting and drinking wine. I don't want to leave!
But it'll be nice to get home today and see my family. The kids both have their last week of school this week and then they are out for the summer! I'm hoping to slow down a little work-wise and have lots of pool days and play time with them the next few months. ❤️
But before I pack up and head home, let's get on to the food!
So, I kind-of have a thing for BBQ sauce. I LOVE the stuff! Not just for brushing onto meats, but also as a dip all kinds of things, from chicken tenders to meatballs to potato wedges.
Today I’m sharing my easy BBQ salmon, which I have to admit, is kind-of a silly recipe.
I mean, it’s just BBQ sauce brushed on salmon that’s then roasted and served. #spoileralert #sosimple
But we make it ALL the time and we really love it, so I felt like I should bring it to you!
Sometimes simple is needed, right?
Another thing I really love about this BBQ salmon recipe is that it’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner but also can be prepped ahead and used for grain bowls, salads and wraps later in the week.
Check out this BBQ salmon salad, which is what I always make with any leftovers.
Plus it features my very favorite fish - salmon! Check out these impressive health benefits of salmon. You'll want to put it on the menu weekly!
(Just last week I shared my honey lime salmon. Just as delicious and nearly as easy. 👍)
OK, let's get cooking.
Now, I’ve got some notes and tips coming up on how to make BBQ salmon. Just tryin’ to be helpful.
If you want to jump on down to the recipe, simply scroll right on through the rest of the text. The recipe card is near the bottom of the page, above the comments section.
Notes on this BBQ salmon recipe:
- I always buy wild caught salmon. It's loaded with more nutrients than farm-raised and has better flavor I think.
- You’ll want a good quality BBQ sauce for this recipe. I suggest looking for one that doesn’t have high-fructose corn syrup. (Sadly, many still do.)
- I use a plain/original-style BBQ sauce but you could certainly change this up and use a flavored BBQ sauce.
- I usually roast our salmon but you could grill this as well.
- If you really love BBQ sauce like I do, you can brush it with some extra sauce after it’s cooked or only use part of the sauce before baking and save the rest for serving.
Last thing, here's a few ideas for easy sides to go with this salmon if you are looking to round out your meal.
Side dishes to serve with BBQ salmon:
- Super simple spinach salad
- One-pan cheesy potatoes and green peas
- One-pot broccoli cheese brown rice
- Wild rice salad with mango and cilantro
- Green beans with mustard butter sauce
Next time you’re in a pinch, I hope you’ll turn to this easy BBQ salmon recipe. It’s simple but always hits the spot!
Have a great week friends!
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon filets
- ½ cup prepared BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Place salmon on baking sheet and brush each filet with about 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce. (See notes.)
- Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness (it will depend on the thickness of your salmon).
- Serve for dinner or use for salads, wraps and grain bowls.
I usually roast our salmon but you could grill this as well.
I use a plain/original-style BBQ sauce but you could certainly change this up and use a flavored BBQ sauce.
If you really love BBQ sauce like I do, you can brush it with some extra sauce after it’s cooked or only use part of the sauce before baking and save the rest for serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g