Taco night is a regular fixture in our house. It’s easy, fast, yummy and it never fails to satisfy. Plus, everyone can fix their tacos just as they please, so it works for families that have varying tastes or picky eaters.
I use ground turkey for my tacos, but feel free to use ground beef or ground turkey. I also use homemade taco seasoning – I make a big batch every couple of months so it’s always there in the pantry. I use it on my cheesy fiesta grilled chicken, too – an easy way to bring some extra fun and flavor to grilled chicken. But I won’t tell if you want to sub in the stuff from a packet.
Turkey tacos are our go-to version for taco night, but see below for a few variations to try. Enjoy!
** You may use a packet or make your own homemade taco seasoning You can certainly skip the rice and these will come together even faster! Also, see below for more ideas of variations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 734Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 765mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 46g
Change it up with these variations:
* Add black beans to the rice to make a more hardy meal.
* Serve the taco turkey in lettuce wraps for a lighter version.
* Use soft shell corn or flour tortillas instead of the hard shells.
* Change up your cheese. Instead of cheddar, try Monterey Jack, Jalapeño Jack or a mix of cheeses.
* Add in some corn or even small diced zucchini with the taco turkey mixture. More veggies!
** You may use a packet or make your own homemade taco seasoning
You can certainly skip the rice and these will come together even faster! Also, see below for more ideas of variations.