This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy chicken tacos have a super creamy sauce that coats pre-cooked shredded chicken to make an easy, flavor-packed 10-minute taco dinner!
(Update: I made this on Facebook Live recently. You can watch it here!)
I use pre-cooked shredded chicken (homemade or from a rotisserie chicken) so this dinner can be ready in under 10 minutes. Hello, weeknight dinner win!
The sauce for these is amazing. Seriously tasty. And you know me, it’s easy and pretty healthy too!
It’s just Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, a bit of cream cheese, salsa and taco seasoning. Simple, on-hand ingredients that I can pull out any night when we’re hungry and need something to eat in a pinch.
And they are seriously simple to make. You just add ALL the ingredients to your pot and get everything warmed through for a few minutes. See the photographic evidence below. I love recipes where I just dump everything in! No fuss 👌
I served the creamy chicken mixture in soft whole wheat flour tortillas with my super simple spinach salad on the side.
Here’s a few other serving ideas for these creamy chicken tacos:
- Use crunchy taco shells instead of soft tortillas.
- Serve over brown rice for a taco bowl type of dinner. (I serve it like this a lot for lunch using the leftovers the next day.)
- Or make this into more of a party appetizer. Put out some tortilla chips and serve this creamy chicken as a dip.
- And of course, load up on any of your favorite taco toppings: more salsa or cheese, avocado or some guacamole, cilantro. Whatever you like!
Pretty much any way you want to get this into your mouth is a good plan. 👍
Next time you’re up for a taco night or just need a really fast dinner, try these creamy chicken tacos! They will be a hit with the whole family and you will be in and out of the kitchen in no time. 😀
Creamy shredded chicken tacos
A creamy sauce coats shredded chicken in this 10-minute taco dinner!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (homemade or from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (homemade or store bought)
- Optional: a few shakes of hot sauce for a little kick
- For serving: whole wheat flour tortillas (see notes)
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, black olives, green onions, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, more salsa, more shredded cheddar cheese, more Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat and heat for 3-5 minutes. You don’t want to heat up the yogurt too much, just want to get everything mixed and melty and warm.
- Serve in soft or hard shells with your favorite toppings. We like lots of spinach, some extra cheddar cheese and more salsa. Or serve it over brown rice as a taco bowl. Divine!
I use soft tortillas because I can warm them in the microwave while the chicken mixture simmers to make it a true 10-minute dinner. You could also serve this in soft or hard taco shells, or over brown rice with your favorite taco toppings. Or serve the chicken mixture as a dip with tortilla chips. Or just eat it with a spoon. It's pretty much delicious any way you go.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 329kcal Calories from fat 166|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|